Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The best LSAT preparation books?  (Read 730 times)

Nick~

• View Profile
The best LSAT preparation books?
« on: June 01, 2008, 11:36:47 PM »
I've been recommended the PowerScore books for their superior methodologies. If y'all agree, which books should I buy? They have two that correspond to actual sections on the test (logical reasoning and logic games), both of which I definitely plan to get, and they also have flash cards for the logic games, an "Ultimate Setup Guide" for the logic games, and a "2004 LSATs Deconstructed" guide. I also plan to buy the full-length LSAT Course Take-Home Supplement (includes a bunch of past exams for practice). Apparently they're releasing a guide to the RC section in the fall of this year, but that's also when I'm taking the exam (in October), so I might have to look into another company's products for that particular section.

So which products are worth my money? All help is highly appreciated!

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The best LSAT preparation books?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 12:04:13 AM »
When you start, do not do time tests, except your first baseline test. Simply go through the tests, getting as many questions correct as you can and make sure you understand why you missed a question. If you can't afford to hire a private tutor, ask people in here why you missed a question, if you do not understand why it is wrong.

When you work, do it in a quiet area, and prepare like you are taking a real test. Your speed will increase naturally, as you become more comfortable with the material. Once you become comfortable with the material, start throwing in some timed tests.

The LSAT is something you will get better at, with practice. Here are the best study guides. Don't even bother with anything else, unless you get through all of the material below:

The Official LSAT SuperPrep

10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests

10 More Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests

The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests

PrepTest 40-53 (Purchase you can afford, as time permits)

https://os.lsac.org/Release/Shop/Shop_Books.aspx?po=Y

thelawman

• View Profile
    • numbers
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 03:49:35 AM »
get master the lsat (HUGE IF U WANT TO DO WELL WITH LOGIC GAMES :o)

and then get a whole bunch of lsat practice books and do your thing

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:14:12 PM »
Powerscore Bibles...best books you will ever use. ask anyone who knows their stuff.

http://www.powerscore.com

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »
Powerscore Bibles...best books you will ever use. ask anyone who knows their stuff.

http://www.powerscore.com

TITCR