Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: B in Civ Pro and not real happy about it  (Read 3180 times)

tdice7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
B in Civ Pro and not real happy about it
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:33:24 PM »
 I got my grades today.  A in Crim law, A- in Contracts, and a farkin B in Civ Pro.  3.55 GPA.  I know that's pretty good, but I'm pissed about Civ Pro since it was my first B in law school.  It is magnified by the fact that the professor is an arrogant arse who likes to brag about how he was a big shot who helped the oil companies rape the environment and how he helped Bush and his cronies stop the recount in 2000.  We're on a 3.2 curve, so a B is in the middle of the class.  I felt really good after the exam, so I was blown away when i saw the grade.  I'm just praying that it doesn't knock me out of the top 10% of the class.  Just needed to vent.
Touchdown (Accepted): Miami, Tulane, U. of Cincinatti, Indiana, Ohio State, Wake Forest, Emory, Arizona, Wisconsin, Washington U.in SL, Illinois,
Stopped For No Gain (WL): Vanderbilt, Michigan, Virginia, USC,
Sacked (Rejected): Boston College, Texas,
First and ten (waiting):

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
Re: B in Civ Pro and not real happy about it
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:54:04 PM »
I got my grades today.  A in Crim law, A- in Contracts, and a farkin B in Civ Pro.  3.55 GPA.  I know that's pretty good, but I'm pissed about Civ Pro since it was my first B in law school.  It is magnified by the fact that the professor is an arrogant arse who likes to brag about how he was a big shot who helped the oil companies rape the environment and how he helped Bush and his cronies stop the recount in 2000.  We're on a 3.2 curve, so a B is in the middle of the class.  I felt really good after the exam, so I was blown away when i saw the grade.  I'm just praying that it doesn't knock me out of the top 10% of the class.  Just needed to vent.

What really sucks are people who passively brag about their accomplishments by pointing out the one "blemish" on their academic transcript.

laurenlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »
Maybe this will help you feel better.  If you usually do really well on exams, and did poorly on this one, then perhaps that's the general trend of the class.  Perhaps the people who do well with that particular style of teaching don't do well with the other classes.  You aren't generally competing against those people though, the ones that get occasional As.  You're competing with the ones who get consistent As.  So your best case scenerio is that people who had Bs in all the rest of their classes did well in this one.  Now, who knows if that's true, it probably isn't, but a little rationalization never hurt anyone.

dsetterl

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:28:20 PM »
I hope I am not as mediocre as you in school next year  ::)

Lampshade Punk

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Even in the quietest moments."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 12:25:31 AM »
Kill self. 

mqt

• Sr. Citizen
  • cellar door
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 12:37:43 AM »

What really sucks are people who passively brag about their accomplishments by pointing out the one "blemish" on their academic transcript.

Well said.

The other day I got depressed because I bought a $1 lottery scratch ticket.  I scratched it off and won $100, but what really pissed me off was that I could have won $1000 if only I had gotten another cherry.  I'm just praying this sad event doesn't cause financial ruin for me.  Just needed to vent. 

dsetterl

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 12:44:49 AM »
This reminds me of my sweet 16 party and I wanted Three Six Mafia to perform, but instead I had no performer and had to settle for a lousy Mercedes. Life is hards.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 02:35:38 AM »
I hope that I suck as bad as you next year. ;)
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 02:59:32 AM »

You already suck.  Maybe you'll get there by next year.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 04:09:00 AM »

You already suck.  Maybe you'll get there by next year.

Here's to hope that I suck as well as your mother... and your father...

You're an alright guy Straw Man. Where do you go to school? Or do you even still do that?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.