Law School Discussion

Former Press Secretary Scott McClellan - Good move? Ethical?

Pacavelli

• Ain't nothin to it, gangsta rap made me do it.
    • View Profile
McClellan: A Bush turncoat, or truth-seeker?
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jGX7lF7HHbZGS86y_lyA7DUY5pvwD90VR2200

I want to know how my fellow law students and aspiring law students feel about former Press Secretary Scott McClellan exposing the Bush Administration.  Is he considered to be a man of integrity or a "traitor"?  Let me know.

Re: Former Press Secretary Scott McClellan - Good move? Ethical?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »
Voted "feminine hygiene product" because being complicit, then trying to sell some bull that you were against it all along is f-ing cowardly.

qft

Pacavelli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:02:01 AM »
While he was in office, he may have felt compelled to "go with the flow," you know, be loyal and conform to executive powers.  But now that he is far removed from the situation, he may have felt like it was his civic duty to set the record straight.  Maybe??

vjm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:06:31 AM »
While he was in office, he may have felt compelled to "go with the flow," you know, be loyal and conform to executive powers.  But now that he is far removed from the situation, he may have felt like it was his civic duty to set the record straight.  Maybe??

I'd be more willing to buy that line of reasoning if he wasn't getting paid for the book. Or donating every dime to a charity that helps out soldiers/ veterans.

Martin Prince, Jr.

• Excelsior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »

I'd be more willing to buy that line of reasoning if he wasn't getting paid for the book. Or donating every dime to a charity that helps out soldiers/ veterans.

Bingo.

Pacavelli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:22:18 AM »

I respect that.  But does his personal motive, whatever it shall be, hold enough weight to challenge the veracity of his statements?  Should the truth be suppressed or discounted because of his personal motive?

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:15 PM »
McClellan: A Bush turncoat, or truth-seeker?
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jGX7lF7HHbZGS86y_lyA7DUY5pvwD90VR2200

I want to know how my fellow law students and aspiring law students feel about former Press Secretary Scott McClellan exposing the Bush Administration. Is he considered to be a man of integrity or a "traitor"? Let me know.

he neither. he sack-of-*&^% liar who telling truth few years too late.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 01:36:21 PM »
While he was in office, he may have felt compelled to "go with the flow," you know, be loyal and conform to executive powers. But now that he is far removed from the situation, he may have felt like it was his civic duty to set the record straight. Maybe??

I respect that. But does his personal motive, whatever it shall be, hold enough weight to challenge the veracity of his statements? Should the truth be suppressed or discounted because of his personal motive?

anyone with ounce sense knew years ago he right. christ, man, figure it out, why not you?

vjm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »

I respect that.  But does his personal motive, whatever it shall be, hold enough weight to challenge the veracity of his statements?  Should the truth be suppressed or discounted because of his personal motive?

Of course not. I am glad he was willing to do it, regardless of motive. It just nauseates me that he presents it as his moral ephiany which compelled his honesty. BS.

Motivated by personal gain and money over the blood of patriotic Americans? Must be the Bush Administration.

And I tend to believe anything Condi Rice denies, but that's another story.

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 04:56:34 PM »
 I agree with Julie. But really, what good are any of these people who have come out with tell-alls? They stayed with the president when they had to have known how corrupted and twisted he and the rest of his administration was, they aided in helping him get away with it, then they leave, write a book and profit? Getting paid for being an ignorant a-hole? After the Richard Clarke expose, nothing shocks America anymore about how stupid the Bush Admin is. I'm surprised they're even getting paid that much anymore, these 'confessionals' come a dime a dozen.