Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Obama will lose in the fall  (Read 82712 times)

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Why Obama will lose in the fall
« Reply #1360 on: November 10, 2008, 02:47:22 PM »
Don't worry. I still hate you.

There's the attitude I've come to adore about the LSD experience.
Justice is tangy....

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 10, 2008, 03:07:49 PM »
You know, jeffislouie, I do appreciate your conciliatory tone in the last few posts here -- enough so that I've kept quiet as people congratulate you -- but it's absurd for you to act as if the hostility directed toward you is senseless or random.  You have spent at least a year hurling insults and accusations at other posters -- along with Obama, Democrats, and "liberals" -- without a modicum of contrition, even when others have asked that you reconsider your tone or the extent of your remarks.  Please don't pretend that people are angry with you because that's just how the "LSD experience" works.  People are angry with you because you've earned it.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1362 on: November 10, 2008, 04:44:45 PM »
You know, jeffislouie, I do appreciate your conciliatory tone in the last few posts here -- enough so that I've kept quiet as people like Natalie congratulate you -- but it's absurd for you to act as if the hostility directed toward you is senseless or random.  You have spent at least a year hurling insults and accusations at other posters -- along with Obama, Democrats, and "liberals" -- without a modicum of contrition, even when others have asked that you reconsider your tone or the extent of your remarks.  Please don't pretend that people are angry with you because that's just how the "LSD experience" works.  People are angry with you because you've earned it.

You are so silly.
Yeah, I'm the one inciting negative attacks.  It's all me.  No one ever insulted me, called me names, assumed I was a life-long Republican, hurled insults at me, our President, McCain, Republicans, Karl Rove, male private part Cheney.  Nope.  It's all been me.  Thank you for holding me accountable while giving all the other assholes on the board, NONE OF WHOM took a conciliatory tone.  It's all me.

I did NOT say people are angry for no good reason.  I passionately argued my position and beliefs the same as others did.  What I have found to be how the LSD experience works is that once you are a heel, you are a heel.  You cannot be forgiven.  You cannot ever be correct.  You are always, always, always attacked.

That IS the LSD experience.  Don't like it?  Change.
Justice is tangy....

DrLazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 10, 2008, 04:52:35 PM »
You are so silly.
Yeah, I'm the one inciting negative attacks.  It's all me.  No one ever insulted me, called me names, assumed I was a life-long Republican, hurled insults at me, our President, McCain, Republicans, Karl Rove, male private part Cheney.  Nope.  It's all been me.  Thank you for holding me accountable while giving all the other assholes on the board, NONE OF WHOM took a conciliatory tone.  It's all me.

I did NOT say people are angry for no good reason.  I passionately argued my position and beliefs the same as others did.  What I have found to be how the LSD experience works is that once you are a heel, you are a heel.  You cannot be forgiven.  You cannot ever be correct.  You are always, always, always attacked.

You're angry because you've been exposed to an experience where, once people form a bad opinion about you (based on your actions), it persists in spite of efforts to change it?  I'm pretty sure that's just life and nothing intrinsic to LSD.
Michigan 2010.  Brr.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1364 on: November 10, 2008, 06:22:15 PM »
You are so silly.

You're angry because you've been exposed to an experience where, once people form a bad opinion about you (based on your actions), it persists in spite of efforts to change it?  I'm pretty sure that's just life and nothing intrinsic to LSD.

Not based on my actions.  Based on my opinions.  Which differ from their own.
Perhaps the difference between me and others here is that I don't hold grudges over what some anonymous dipstick says on a message board.  Quite the contrary - I tend to try and think about what is said and understand it, even if I disagree.

Here we have an example of someone writing a heartfelt post with a conciliatory tone.  As a perfectly natural response to that post, I've already seen people unwilling or unable to let go.  Why must you nice people spend so much time dwelling in the past? 

Take what I wrote for what it is and move on. 

Unless, of course, your goal is to change my mind and make me join the ranks of the unruly far right.

Many of you didn't like what I had to say over the last few months.  Many of you were instantly enraged when I brought up things that you didn't like to hear.  The difference between some of you and I is that I didn't point fingers and point out the fact that much of the Pro-Obama speech on here was really anti-republican speech.  I didn't point out the willful ignorance of ignoring inexperience and a lifetime of potentially terrible decision making.  I didn't go back and criticize anyone for speaking their mind.  I spoke mine for quite a long time here.  My last post was written with the same intention - to make my point and spit out what is on my mind, damn it all.

I'm sorry that you can't accept that sort of personality, but it has served me well and isn't likely to change.  I am also sorry that some folks like the idea that I am 'playing victim'.  Perhaps you might be interested in the number of times I was called names, including my personal favorite 'shitbreath', for speaking my mind and being open.

But that's free speech for you.  Even a simple mind can appreciate that freedom.  Sadly, many simple minds only appreciate free speech they approve of and, therefore, completely miss the point.

I also take issue with the implications that I am trying to change anyone's perception of me.  I am who I am.  I've always been that way.  I will continue to be that way.  When I feel compelled to say something, I say it.  I find it troubling that you would assume there was an ulterior motive to what I wrote.  There isn't.  I wrote what I wrote because I believe it.

And if you think LSD is a friendly, happy, accepting place, you might just want to try reading a few posts without injecting your personal feelings - sort of like reading a case brief for the first time.  You just might be surprised at how quickly the mob jumps those who don't speak popular opinion.

I continue, to this day, to warn people who are interested in participating in LSD about the nastiness and bully-like behavior that happens around here sometimes.  I have yet to have someone tell me how wrong I am about that.  I haven't seen many threads on LSD that DON'T contain name calling, nastiness, and personal attacks.

And frankly, I don't really care if there are people on this board that hate me.  There are a few reasons for that:
1) none of you know me IRL, because if you did you wouldn't hate me
2) sometimes I do post just to stir the pot.  I find it interesting to see how people react to opinions or comments they aren't familiar with.  Nothing makes me happier than seeing someone preaching peace and inclusion resort to anger, hostility and exclusion.  Nothing gives me a smile like watching someone allow their trained mind to devolve conversations into garbage when they get angry.
and of course
3) You are never as important or impactful as you think you are.  Not you.  Not me.  Not anyone.  I enjoy seeing people throw ego in front of logic or truth.

So call me an ass.  Call me a 'fucktard'.  Call me a 'dickhead'.  Deride me for thinking differently than you do.  Make fun of me for saying things you don't approve of.  It just reassures me that I am not so wrong in saying that a law degree and the pursuit thereof does NOT make anyone smarter or better than anyone else.

To be honest, I've had better, more interesting, more inspiring conversations with high school graduates who completely disagree with me than I've ever had on a message board populated by law students, soon-to-be law students, and law school graduates.  They tend not to let ego or their online persona get in the way of thought.

I may be different than you, but that doesn't make me worse.  It just makes me different.  Hate me for being different.  That certainly falls in line with the sort of hypocrisy I've seen on LSD.  Folks argue for hours about civil rights while rallying together to try and take mine away.  Hilarious.

Justice is tangy....

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: November 10, 2008, 06:28:48 PM »
as public service, julie happy insult anyone need it.

anyone?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 10, 2008, 11:22:55 PM »
You know, jeffislouie, I do appreciate your conciliatory tone in the last few posts here -- enough so that I've kept quiet as people like Natalie congratulate you -- but it's absurd for you to act as if the hostility directed toward you is senseless or random.  You have spent at least a year hurling insults and accusations at other posters -- along with Obama, Democrats, and "liberals" -- without a modicum of contrition, even when others have asked that you reconsider your tone or the extent of your remarks.  Please don't pretend that people are angry with you because that's just how the "LSD experience" works.  People are angry with you because you've earned it.

You are so silly.

I don't think the other assholes feel as if I've given them a pass, actually.  Nor do I feel as if I've ever attacked you, but I suppose others can be the judge.

Meanwhile, I suspect you'll find that your sanctimony doesn't get you very far.  The tough part about mischaracterizing things you've said on a discussion board is that your posts are available for any curious observer to review.  As are others' responses.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 11, 2008, 02:28:56 AM »

You are so silly.

..."silly"...huh?....interesting choice of words...aye have ripped into obama continually...and aye don't feel bad about it at all...

you had a great deal of valid points, jeffi, mon...don't let one or two misguided posters make you back down...aye don't think you did back down...at all..you were gracious...you wished to extend an olive branch and some with some "inner problems" won't let you be the one with the higher ground...they don't want the olive branch..."issues". ::)

you know you have the higher ground...step around the manure... ;)

and lsd is what you make of it...it is not dictated by "some" posters...nothing is written...unless you write it. and some will read only what you write and laugh at the "silly" ones...

you don't have to justify your actions...just "act"...

...can't wait to watch how this new congress behaves....lots of bluedogs... :D :D :D
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 11, 2008, 08:15:13 AM »

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 11, 2008, 09:34:54 AM »
blueidiot's problems "outer," such as his many festering sores.