Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Obama will lose in the fall  (Read 83330 times)

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Why Obama will lose in the fall
« Reply #1350 on: November 05, 2008, 04:40:52 AM »
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1351 on: November 05, 2008, 01:33:08 PM »
Barack Obama is our next President.

With that comes my support and the hope that he lives up to the words and ideals he expressed during his campaign.  I will support him as President and even though I may be critical of his actions, I will do so as respectfully as I can and defend his positions, when possible, with the same voracity and passion that I defended Bush's.

Obama isn't going to be the President of the Democrats among us, but rather the President of all of us.  I truly hope that the Republicans don't fall into the same trap the Democrats did over the last 8 years of trying to cast our President as a buffoon or a criminal.  BDS is a vile period of our history that did more to divide us than anything else.

Though I have been passionate in my support for McCain and staunchly against Obama, the time for that argument has passed and it is time for America to start a new chapter.

The Republican party, for which I cast my vote for the first time in my election history, needs to reform itself and become, once again, the party of big ideas, small government, and a message the people of the US can get on board with.  The Republican party needs to call a convention wherein they require every single Republican in office to sign an ethics clause.  In that clause, it should be expressly stated that unethical behavior will result in voluntary retirement and loss of all party priveledges.  For too long, the Republicans acted like big government, big spending liberals, making the case for conservative ideas weak and hypocritical.  This is an opportunity to rebuild the party and sign a new contract with America - one where values like honesty, integrity, and doing the work of the people are more important than elections, porked up bills, and fighting Democrats tooth and nail.

Regardless of our political differences, we must all recognize that what bonds us is stronger than the ideologies that separate us.  We have a new President and I call upon every American to choose to be respectful, honorable, and supportive.  Obama WILL make mistakes.  He very well may make things worse.  Many will find fault with his decisions.  I hope and pray that even in times that some consider to be dark, we forge ahead with a new ideal.  We can disagree without being devisive.  We can dissaprove without name calling.  We can be civil.

This thread is dead.  Sadly.  Many of you will miss some of the regular characters, all of whom posted passionately.  Some of us were seen as heels and some as hero's.  Those of us who were heels, I believe, argued their points for the right reasons.  I saw very little actual hate.  If I upset of offended, I apologize.

Justice is tangy....

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 05, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
That was an excellent post Jeff.  Unfortunately, the message got a bit lost in the end when I got down to your sig line.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1353 on: November 05, 2008, 01:59:58 PM »
That was an excellent post Jeff.  Unfortunately, the message got a bit lost in the end when I got down to your sig line.

I'll change it.  That was my partisan, pre-election tag line.

The message was real and so the tag line must change....

Justice is tangy....

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 05, 2008, 04:24:07 PM »
putz.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 05, 2008, 04:52:58 PM »

With that comes my support and the hope that he lives up to the words and ideals he expressed during his campaign.  I will support him as President and even though I may be critical of his actions, I will do so as respectfully as I can and defend his positions, when possible, with the same voracity and passion that I defended Bush's.

Obama isn't going to be the President of the Democrats among us, but rather the President of all of us.  I truly hope that the Republicans don't fall into the same trap the Democrats did over the last 8 years of trying to cast our President as a buffoon or a criminal.  BDS is a vile period of our history that did more to divide us than anything else.

Though I have been passionate in my support for McCain and staunchly against Obama, the time for that argument has passed and it is time for America to start a new chapter.

The Republican party, for which I cast my vote for the first time in my election history, needs to reform itself and become, once again, the party of big ideas, small government, and a message the people of the US can get on board with.  The Republican party needs to call a convention wherein they require every single Republican in office to sign an ethics clause.  In that clause, it should be expressly stated that unethical behavior will result in voluntary retirement and loss of all party priveledges.  For too long, the Republicans acted like big government, big spending liberals, making the case for conservative ideas weak and hypocritical.  This is an opportunity to rebuild the party and sign a new contract with America - one where values like honesty, integrity, and doing the work of the people are more important than elections, porked up bills, and fighting Democrats tooth and nail.

Regardless of our political differences, we must all recognize that what bonds us is stronger than the ideologies that separate us.  We have a new President and I call upon every American to choose to be respectful, honorable, and supportive.  Obama WILL make mistakes.  He very well may make things worse.  Many will find fault with his decisions.  I hope and pray that even in times that some consider to be dark, we forge ahead with a new ideal.  We can disagree without being devisive.  We can dissaprove without name calling.  We can be civil.

This thread is dead.  Sadly.  Many of you will miss some of the regular characters, all of whom posted passionately.  Some of us were seen as heels and some as hero's.  Those of us who were heels, I believe, argued their points for the right reasons.  I saw very little actual hate.  If I upset of offended, I apologize.

Without a doubt the best post I have read in this thread.  I completely agree.  We're in this together.  Let's not just pass the hot potato.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1357 on: November 10, 2008, 12:10:52 AM »

Without a doubt the best post I have read in this thread.  I completely agree.  We're in this together.  Let's not just pass the hot potato.

I haven't followed this thread at all, mainly but I have to concur that this heartfelt post is beautifully written!  I wholeheartedly agree with all you've said here!

Well thanks, but seriously - don't tell anyone.
I'm much better when hated.
I meant it, but it was probably a mistake to post it.
Justice is tangy....

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 10, 2008, 12:49:18 AM »
Don't worry. I still hate you.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 10, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »

With that comes my support and the hope that he lives up to the words and ideals he expressed during his campaign. I will support him as President and even though I may be critical of his actions, I will do so as respectfully as I can and defend his positions, when possible, with the same voracity and passion that I defended Bush's.

Obama isn't going to be the President of the Democrats among us, but rather the President of all of us. I truly hope that the Republicans don't fall into the same trap the Democrats did over the last 8 years of trying to cast our President as a buffoon or a criminal. BDS is a vile period of our history that did more to divide us than anything else.

The Republican party, for which I cast my vote for the first time in my election history, needs to reform itself and become, once again, the party of big ideas, small government, and a message the people of the US can get on board with. The Republican party needs to call a convention wherein they require every single Republican in office to sign an ethics clause. In that clause, it should be expressly stated that unethical behavior will result in voluntary retirement and loss of all party priveledges. For too long, the Republicans acted like big government, big spending liberals, making the case for conservative ideas weak and hypocritical. This is an opportunity to rebuild the party and sign a new contract with America - one where values like honesty, integrity, and doing the work of the people are more important than elections, porked up bills, and fighting Democrats tooth and nail.

Regardless of our political differences, we must all recognize that what bonds us is stronger than the ideologies that separate us. We have a new President and I call upon every American to choose to be respectful, honorable, and supportive. Obama WILL make mistakes. He very well may make things worse. Many will find fault with his decisions. I hope and pray that even in times that some consider to be dark, we forge ahead with a new ideal. We can disagree without being devisive. We can dissaprove without name calling. We can be civil.

This thread is dead. Sadly. Many of you will miss some of the regular characters, all of whom posted passionately. Some of us were seen as heels and some as hero's. Those of us who were heels, I believe, argued their points for the right reasons. I saw very little actual hate. If I upset of offended, I apologize.

Without a doubt the best post I have read in this thread. I completely agree. We're in this together. Let's not just pass the hot potato.

I haven't followed this thread at all, mainly but I have to concur that this heartfelt post is beautifully written! I wholeheartedly agree with all you've said here!

Well thanks, but seriously - don't tell anyone.
I'm much better when hated.
I meant it, but it was probably a mistake to post it.

just as initial assertion in this thread turn out be total horseshit.

not to worry:  ann coulter, sean hannity, rush limbaugh and their ilk no intention playing nicey-nice.