Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Obama will lose in the fall  (Read 82298 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: Why Obama will lose in the fall
« Reply #1200 on: October 31, 2008, 02:36:22 AM »
First of all, those aren't artifacts from his college years; they're exams he gave when he was teaching constitutional law at the most selective of the top five conservative law schools.

Second, your repetitions that Obama has been running for president for two years and that there has been insufficient time to vet him are at odds.  You might want to think about that.

two years...not enough time...we have barely scratched the surface with palin...we still don't know about obama...two years???

seriously...people laugh  when they see two years experience...that is not experience...please...you are kidding right?

there is too much we don't know about obama. two years in the u.s. senate? and two years campaigning...learn to crawl before you even attempt to walk...

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 31, 2008, 02:37:27 AM »
...aye wonder if mccain is a naturalaized citizen...might he not be of woman born???

...the scottish play is making more sense...obama has trouble ahead of him...

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 31, 2008, 02:42:15 AM »
Shakespeare was a prophet!

Who knew.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 31, 2008, 02:43:48 AM »
First of all, those aren't artifacts from his college years; they're exams he gave when he was teaching constitutional law at the most selective of the top five conservative law schools.

Second, your repetitions that Obama has been running for president for two years and that there has been insufficient time to vet him are at odds.  You might want to think about that.

two years...not enough time...we have barely scratched the surface with palin...we still don't know about obama...two years???

seriously...people laugh  when they see two years experience...that is not experience...please...you are kidding right?

there is too much we don't know about obama. two years in the u.s. senate? and two years campaigning...learn to crawl before you even attempt to walk...

Christ, you can be dense.  I didn't say he had two years of experience -- he's been in public office much longer than Palin has, for instance.  You said he had spent two years of campaigning for the presidency.  That's a heck of a lot longer than most people have to be under the big microscope.  By contrast, Palin has been in the public eye for two months (during which, I might add, she was found to have violated ethics laws by a mostly Republican panel and she faced at least two other ethics complaints).  Are you seriously suggesting that Palin has been better vetted than Obama? She didn't even go through a press conference, let alone a primary.  Give it up, seriously.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 31, 2008, 02:54:16 AM »
John Mccain has more experience blowing up planes than any terrorist I've heard of. They've all blown up one. He's destroyed three. That's impressive.

yeah...math not your strong suite and you do not know much about veterans do ya?

you obviously don't know much about what is going on outside our borders...national security is for the grown ups...not the upstarts with naive pretty speeches...

Spelling clearly isn't yours.

Additionally, I know a lot about veterans as I'm from a military family and I can confidently say you have no idea what you're talking about.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 31, 2008, 09:50:55 AM »

Christ, you can be dense.  I didn't say he had two years of experience -- he's been in public office much longer than Palin has, for instance.  You said he had spent two years of campaigning for the presidency.  That's a heck of a lot longer than most people have to be under the big microscope.  By contrast, Palin has been in the public eye for two months (during which, I might add, she was found to have violated ethics laws by a mostly Republican panel and she faced at least two other ethics complaints).  Are you seriously suggesting that Palin has been better vetted than Obama? She didn't even go through a press conference, let alone a primary.  Give it up, seriously.

This would be a lot funnier if it wasn't actually true.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 31, 2008, 01:48:16 PM »
and katie couric not able make obama look like total idiot when she not even trying, or at any other time.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1207 on: October 31, 2008, 02:19:35 PM »
I guess you might not agree with the notion that the constitution is a 'living document'?

False.  The constitution IS a living document.  And there is a 'right' way to change it and a 'wrong' way to change it.
The right way is the way that the framers intended - through the introduction of new amendments.  The wrong way is the way liberals have always tried to change it - the easier way - by having judges alter the constitution.

It's funny, all the 'smart folks' here with backgrounds in law seem to be perfectly okay to hand over the power of the legislature to the judiciary branch, fully ignoring the intention of the framers.

The truth is, it is far easier to simply have a judge say 'this is what the constitution says' rather than, you know, have legislators legislate what the constitution says.  It is far more difficult to introduce a new amendment than it is to stack liberal activist judges on the SCOTUS and have them create new amendments.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/blconstamend.htm

Justice is tangy....

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1208 on: October 31, 2008, 02:25:09 PM »

But what do I know, I'm no constitutional law professor who refuses to release any of my law school work, lectures, or harvard law review articles.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12705.html

So the Politico managed to dig up one harvard law review article.  Try to read better, especially lines like this:

"But Obama has never mentioned his law review piece, a demurral that's part of his campaign's broader pattern of rarely volunteering information or documents about the candidate, even when relatively innocuous."

Doesn't that prove him to be a liar when he said this:
http://www.nhpr.org/node/14401

"Obama said that as president, he would run the most open and transparent government in history. He said when he puts together health care legislation, the planning sessions will be carried on C-SPAN."

What transparency?  You mean how he refuses to release his medical records, school records, and an unaltered version of his birth certificate?

Maybe you mean the transparency of kicking reporters off his bus for endorsing McCain?
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/31/obama-plane-pitches-reporters-mccain-endorsing-papers/

Or maybe cancelling interviews with stations whose reporters ask tough questions?
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/10/obama-campaign.html

Freedom of the press used to be something that mattered.  Now it only matters if the press is writing lovely puff pieces about the Obama campaign.  And you are okay with that....

Funny - I seem to recall folks being upset with the Bush administration for 'controlling' the media, but when Obama does it is is a-ok.

Flip to the flop homies.
Justice is tangy....

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1209 on: October 31, 2008, 02:28:50 PM »
John Mccain has more experience blowing up planes than any terrorist I've heard of. They've all blown up one. He's destroyed three. That's impressive.

John McCain was a bomber pilot, which may explain why he didn't blow up very many planes numbnuts.

Bomber pilots rarely, if ever, shoot down planes.  The drop bombs on target.

Stop being an idiot.  Thank you.
Justice is tangy....