Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Obama will lose in the fall  (Read 83511 times)

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Why Obama will lose in the fall
« Reply #1180 on: October 29, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
aye will post more...but for now aye am happy the way the campaign season is turning out...aye do think it is funny that so many of you don't understand that it is not the polls that are important...

...it is the electorate...

You know what? You are right. And the electorate is coming out in droves for Obama.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iXAkBilVhjbpsgAAHfgp6kGEShvwD944B1D00

Seriously man, you have way too much invested in an outcome that seems increasingly unlikely.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 29, 2008, 06:26:36 PM »
now, now.  reason not work with putz.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 29, 2008, 11:37:47 PM »
...here let me use a metaphor to show you how people view the one term senator, barack obama...

obama has been campaigning since he was elected senator...he barely put in two years work in the senate...going along party lines...biding his time as the congress approval level deteriorated terribly...biding his time as the bush decisions tanked...biding his time...but not that much time...two years...

the democratic congress obama raised NO challenges of reproach...he dully voted with the weak, yet majority congress...

then for just the next two years he was campaigning...

he has nothing to campaign with but a microphone...and the disgruntled nation...he has NOTHING to stand on but lofty speeches...nothing...

his solution of change is really TAXES...

well guess what....the people of florida and pa  and ohio and nevada are not going to go down with obama hurting the nation in a tough economic tsunami with the burden of taxation wrapped up in the "oration of change"...

obama's change is bullpoo poo...it is more taxes...more burden...more spending...and his background is shady...shady...shady...

let obama have some proper vetting...maybe he will be ready in 2012...but for now...NO WAY...

we have been warned...if he is so ready to be the "commander in chief" why does his v.p. pick, biden think obama is not ready...and WILL be TESTED?????

explain the hesitation in obama's own v.p. choice.

nobody question's mccain's "commander in chief" credentials...NOBODY!!!!!

from ANIMAL FARM

Friend of the fatherless!
Fountain of happiness !
Lord of the swill bucket!
Oh, how my soul is on
Fire when I gaze at thy
Calm and commanding eye
Like the sun in the sky
Comrade Napoleon!
Comrade Napoleon !
Comrade Napole-ole-ole-ole-on!"

comradeobamacomaradeobamacomr adeobama!!!

...florida and pennsylvania and ohio and nevada are not going to stand for obama's farm...

this guy obama is scary...and scaring people...scaring the electorate...the media is like squealer...

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Saxby Clemens II

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm Chuck Bass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 30, 2008, 01:31:28 AM »
Yes, the electorate is just terrified.  That's why McCain is just sailing right past him towards victory...if by victory we mean an enormous EC deficit, a running mate already talking about her plans for 2012, state chairmen disparaging a campaign that's still technically running, like-minded commentators and advocates saying happy things in front of the camera and declaring things are all but over when they think the mic's off...
Quote from: Cady
::clutches doll with matching outfit::
Quote from: TheJ
::flippers Sax on ass just for the hell of it::
Quote from: For All Intensive Purposes
i'm not gonna judge, i just think you are a f-ing weirdo

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 30, 2008, 11:18:32 AM »

I do. He is too hotheaded and impulsive to be commander in chief.

See? I just proved you wrong. That's the problem with using universal quantifiers in an argument. One counter-example and you are wrong.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: October 30, 2008, 12:10:19 PM »

See? I just proved you wrong. That's the problem with using universal quantifier's in an argument. One counter-example and you are wrong.

I thought the very same thing when I read this earlier this morning.  But decided I shouldn't encourage Bdub by replying.  But I'm glad someone did  ;).
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #1186 on: October 30, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »

See? I just proved you wrong. That's the problem with using universal quantifier's in an argument. One counter-example and you are wrong.

Somebody's thinking like a lawyer, why I find that so refreshing on a law board shows how rare it is
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1187 on: October 30, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »
Yes, I'm quite sure that spending an unprecedented $600 million plus really plays well with the 'average middle class american', especially after he spent $4 million to air a $20 million commercial full of lies and exaggerations.  Nothing says "I care about the middle class" like spending well over half a billion dollars during a financial crisis.

This is the oath every President is required to take:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Interesting, especially since Obama said in 2001:
The Constitution " reflected the fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day” .

http://sayanythingblog.com/readers/entry/obama_constitution_fundamentally_flawed

Well THAT's certainly not protecting or defending the Constitution now, is it?

And then there's this statement on what the great one will look for in a judge, which should absolutely disgust you if you are, you know, interested in the law...

"We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old."

That's not how the law works and not how a judge is supposed to do his job.  As a matter of fact, every professor I've ever had has stressed that the law is not emotional and shouldn't be decided based on emotion.

Activist judges are not qualified to sit on the Supreme Court.

But what do I know, I'm no constitutional law professor who refuses to release any of my law school work, lectures, or harvard law review articles.

There is also absolutely no chance that I registered for school as a foreign national in order to get scholarship or grant money.

So I could be wrong...

Justice is tangy....

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 30, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
big of you admit it.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 30, 2008, 11:16:26 PM »
I guess you might not agree with the notion that the constitution is a 'living document'?
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.