Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Obama will lose in the fall  (Read 82680 times)

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Why Obama will lose in the fall
« Reply #1130 on: October 17, 2008, 11:08:08 AM »
Blue Warrior:

Shoudln't you spend less time trashing obama on LSD and more time trying to change the wikipedia entry on indigos?

----

According to psychiatric expert Russell Barkley, the New Age movement has yet to produce empirical evidence of the existence of Indigo children and the 17 traits most commonly attributed to them were so vague they could describe "most of the people most of the time" and put him in mind of the Forer effect. Barkley also expressed concern that labeling a disruptive child an "indigo" may delay proper diagnosis and treatment that may help the child.[12][13] Others have advised that many of the traits of indigo children could be more prosaically interpreted as simple arrogance and selfish individualism, which parents with certain New Age beliefs see as being something that they are not.[2]

It has also been hypothesized that rather than being a new step in human evolution, the Indigo phenomena may be the reaction of children watching television shows with an emphasis on magic and New Age-compatible language. An example of this was illustrated in a Dallas Observer article discussing indigo children, a reporter recorded the following interaction between a man who worked with indigo children, and a purported indigo child:
“    Are you an indigo? he asked Dusk. The boy looked at him shyly and nodded. "I'm an avatar," Dusk said. "I can recognize the four elements of earth, wind, water and fire. The next avatar won't come for 100 years." The man seemed impressed.[13]    ”

Readers of the Dallas Observer later wrote in to inform the newspaper that the child's response appeared to be taken from the storyline of Avatar: The Last Airbender; a children's cartoon showing on Nickelodeon at the time of the interview. The editor of the Dallas Observer later admitted they were not aware of the possible connection until readers brought it to their attention.[14]

----
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1131 on: October 17, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »
Yet another lie by Obama that most of you are willing to accept because he isn't a Republican:

http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakingnews/Secret_Service_says_Kill_him_allegation_unfounded_.html

"The first story, written by reporter David Singleton, appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Obama’s name a man in the audience shouted “kill him."

Agent Bill Slavoski said he was in the audience, along with an undisclosed number of additional secret service agents and other law enforcement officers and not one heard the comment.

“I was baffled,” he said after reading the report in Wednesday’s Times-Tribune.

He said the agency conducted an investigation Wednesday, after seeing the story, and could not find one person to corroborate the allegation other than Singleton.

Slavoski said more than 20 non-security agents were interviewed Wednesday, from news media to ordinary citizens in attendance at the rally for the Republican vice presidential candidate held at the Riverfront Sports Complex. He said Singleton was the only one to say he heard someone yell “kill him.”

“We have yet to find someone to back up the story,” Slavoski said. “We had people all over and we have yet to find anyone who said they heard it.”

Hackett said he did not hear the remark."

Lies, lies, and more lies.  Race baiting and lies.  That's the campaign in a nutshell.

Obama hammers McCain and implies that McCain intends to cut taxes for the rich and raise taxes on the middle class.  The fact is, that's an outright falsehood.
McCain wants to keep the taxes EXACTLY THE SAME on the middle class.  His plan is to preserve the last round of tax cuts and keep the nation's tax code as it is until we get through the financial crisis.  Of course, we all know Obama wants to RAISE taxes on those who make more than $250k and increase corportate taxes, which can only lead to one conclusion (and economists say this, not me)
-increase in the cost of goods (corporations include their tax costs in the price of their goods and services and always have)
-less job creation (with less money at their disposal, companies and individuals are less likely to hire than they are to fire)
-less growth (why grow your company to earn MORE than $250k a year if it means getting taxed to the point that it is advantageous to make less than $250k?)
-redistribution of wealth (Obama's plan is to take from the rich and give that money to the poor by issuing the poor checks paid for by the rich - just for being an American)
-More fraud (businesses are likely to splinter off multiple companies to avoid paying more taxes - one company sells the product, another installs it, and another supports it - 3 companies filing individually, each with less than $250k a year in income)

All is not lost, America.  My unscientific method of putting a 'NObama' sticker in my window has resulted in 100% approval and zero negative reaction.... People are literally honking at me until I roll down my window to tell me they love my sticker.

Justice is tangy....

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1132 on: October 17, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »
The truth about Ayers - Obama and his people continue to lie about him and minimize his influence over Obama:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122411943821339043.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

Justice is tangy....

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1133 on: October 17, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »
The truth about Ayers - Obama and his people continue to lie about him and minimize his influence over Obama:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122411943821339043.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

that's an opinion column by a conservative writer at the manhattan institute. that's like saying a NY Times column trashing john mccain is "the truth".

Saxby Clemens II

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm Chuck Bass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 17, 2008, 01:48:15 PM »
So?

Aside from the fact he's writing for the WSJ editorial page, which makes your reference ridiculous, considering the annoying frequency with which you accuse others of partisanship, the author notes himself that Obama isn't going to be appointing Ayers to head the Department of Education. 

"America's ideal of public schooling as a means of assimilating all children (and particularly the children of new immigrants) into a common civic and democratic culture is already under assault."  End the sentence there.  It's about time!  I'd rather have the benefit of views that may be outside the bounds of traditional thought than be fed a series of ridiculous lies and convenient truths, which is generally what public school history and social studies courses shove down the throats of their captive audience. 

Regardless, this article is pointless.  It starts and ends by saying Ayers won't have any real influence in an Obama administration.  End of discussion.  Neither Obama or the Reagan cronies who "paled around" with Ayers need to be apologizing to McCain morons who see no problem voting for a man who supported a president that relied on far more dangerous counsel to drag us into the most ridiculous foreign policy disaster of the last 100 years.   
Quote from: Cady
::clutches doll with matching outfit::
Quote from: TheJ
::flippers Sax on ass just for the hell of it::
Quote from: For All Intensive Purposes
i'm not gonna judge, i just think you are a f-ing weirdo

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1135 on: October 17, 2008, 06:01:11 PM »
I like Ayers. I dig what he stood for in a complicated world. I hope Obama does appoint him after he gets elected.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 17, 2008, 06:03:10 PM »
Regardless, this article is pointless.  It starts and ends by saying Ayers won't have any real influence in an Obama administration.  End of discussion.  Neither Obama or the Reagan cronies who "paled around" with Ayers need to be apologizing to McCain morons who see no problem voting for a man who supported a president that relied on far more dangerous counsel to drag us into the most ridiculous foreign policy disaster of the last 100 years.   

Amen!

Not to mention the fact that, like Sax, I don't really see what's wrong with teaching, for instance that (at least in part) "homelessness [is] a consequence of the private dealings of landlords, an arms buildup [is] a consequence of corporate decisions, [and] racial exclusion [is] a consequence of a private property-holder's choice."  
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 19, 2008, 08:54:13 AM »

All is not lost, America. My unscientific method of putting a 'NObama' sticker in my window has resulted in 100% approval and zero negative reaction.... People are literally honking at me until I roll down my window to tell me they love my sticker.

they just trying tell you toilet paper stuck your tailpipe.

Saxby Clemens II

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm Chuck Bass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 19, 2008, 12:20:25 PM »

All is not lost, America. My unscientific method of putting a 'NObama' sticker in my window has resulted in 100% approval and zero negative reaction.... People are literally honking at me until I roll down my window to tell me they love my sticker.

they just trying tell you toilet paper stuck your tailpipe.

Wait, did he actually say that?!

Dear God. 
Quote from: Cady
::clutches doll with matching outfit::
Quote from: TheJ
::flippers Sax on ass just for the hell of it::
Quote from: For All Intensive Purposes
i'm not gonna judge, i just think you are a f-ing weirdo

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile