Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Obama will lose in the fall  (Read 83472 times)

Euterpe

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Original Chelsea Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Why Obama will lose in the fall
« Reply #1120 on: October 16, 2008, 08:38:33 AM »
For someone who is purportedly an independent and open to hearing both sides of an issue, you are probably the most dogmatically partisan person I've seen posting on LSD.  It's really creepy and weird.  It's fine if you don't like Obama, but please try to root your arguments somewhere in reality.

it is quite simple:   barack obama is a surreptitious "snake oil salesman" who wants to raise taxes in an economic hurricane...he wants to dip into those who's businesses support the states of florida...pennsylvania...ohio and nevada...those businesses which employ most of these states...and obama wants to rob them of more of their money...

and obama is an "oily" person who is trying to pass himself off as something he is not...

he stole his seat in illinois...and his "cult of personality" and the "corporate television cable news" has helped him sway people...

he has done this in a smooth surreptitious manner...

and aye am an independent who has changed from supporting obama to a position where aye no longer view him as an honorable man...

and aye am not the only voter in a "swing state" who has this opinion...

and lets face it...people vote also with their intuition...but my intuition is backed up by fact...

be warned: the polls showed that kerry was going to win back in 2004 and guess what happened.

here is the real barack obama...

check it out..don't be duped.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bp0.blogger.com/_y7akKaUErMI/SDM8KZMyQwI/AAAAAAAAAVE/A0uAir72iWE/S259/clinton-mccain-rove1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://hillbuzz.blogspot.com/2008/07/cnn-exposes-obamas-dirty-tricks-on.html&h=189&w=259&sz=19&hl=en&start=7&um=1&usg=__vCj2Oweonu2bgU7cfQE5ZCYSSkg=&tbnid=f_BhDeMp5BgYzM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=112&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dalice%2Bpalmer%2Bthrown%2Boff%2Bof%2Bballot%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

As to the first bolded point, it's totally fine if you feel that way.  Go out and campaign for McCain.  Go encourage people to register to vote (in states where people can still sign up).  Join calling parties or whatever it is that his people are doing.  But posting essentially the same comments with different (usually partisan) links isn't going to convert anyone to your side.  Just sayin'.

As to the second bolded point, I think both sides could make a legitimate claim as to which person each believes is better and have a boatload of facts to prove their point.  It doesn't make you a special and unique snowflake and it doesn't make you any more right than any other person with an opinion and access to Google.

thanks for the tip, honey bear...

...do you know what an intuitive actuary is???

...didn't think so...

you don't know why aye do what aye do...but carry on... ;)

and unless you "already" understand what an indigo is...aye am not going to sit you down and explain it to ya...

look that up on your own...

until then...you have to just deal... ;)

Because I'm sweet?  Why thanks!

Did you learn that patronizing assholishness from John McCain or have you always been such a pleasure?

BTW, if an intuitive actuary means psychotic nutbar then yeah, I have a pretty good idea that you're TOTALLY an intuitive actuary.

WOW  :o Bruin Belle

Spunky and spry first thing in the morning.

Nice.... :D
[

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 16, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »
For someone who is purportedly an independent and open to hearing both sides of an issue, you are probably the most dogmatically partisan person I've seen posting on LSD.  It's really creepy and weird.  It's fine if you don't like Obama, but please try to root your arguments somewhere in reality.

it is quite simple:   barack obama is a surreptitious "snake oil salesman" who wants to raise taxes in an economic hurricane...he wants to dip into those who's businesses support the states of florida...pennsylvania...ohio and nevada...those businesses which employ most of these states...and obama wants to rob them of more of their money...

and obama is an "oily" person who is trying to pass himself off as something he is not...

he stole his seat in illinois...and his "cult of personality" and the "corporate television cable news" has helped him sway people...

he has done this in a smooth surreptitious manner...

and aye am an independent who has changed from supporting obama to a position where aye no longer view him as an honorable man...

and aye am not the only voter in a "swing state" who has this opinion...

and lets face it...people vote also with their intuition...but my intuition is backed up by fact...

be warned: the polls showed that kerry was going to win back in 2004 and guess what happened.

here is the real barack obama...

check it out..don't be duped.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bp0.blogger.com/_y7akKaUErMI/SDM8KZMyQwI/AAAAAAAAAVE/A0uAir72iWE/S259/clinton-mccain-rove1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://hillbuzz.blogspot.com/2008/07/cnn-exposes-obamas-dirty-tricks-on.html&h=189&w=259&sz=19&hl=en&start=7&um=1&usg=__vCj2Oweonu2bgU7cfQE5ZCYSSkg=&tbnid=f_BhDeMp5BgYzM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=112&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dalice%2Bpalmer%2Bthrown%2Boff%2Bof%2Bballot%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

As to the first bolded point, it's totally fine if you feel that way.  Go out and campaign for McCain.  Go encourage people to register to vote (in states where people can still sign up).  Join calling parties or whatever it is that his people are doing.  But posting essentially the same comments with different (usually partisan) links isn't going to convert anyone to your side.  Just sayin'.

As to the second bolded point, I think both sides could make a legitimate claim as to which person each believes is better and have a boatload of facts to prove their point.  It doesn't make you a special and unique snowflake and it doesn't make you any more right than any other person with an opinion and access to Google.

thanks for the tip, honey bear...

...do you know what an intuitive actuary is???

...didn't think so...

you don't know why aye do what aye do...but carry on... ;)

and unless you "already" understand what an indigo is...aye am not going to sit you down and explain it to ya...

look that up on your own...

until then...you have to just deal... ;)

Because I'm sweet?  Why thanks!

Did you learn that patronizing assholishness from John McCain or have you always been such a pleasure?

BTW, if an intuitive actuary means psychotic nutbar then yeah, I have a pretty good idea that you're TOTALLY an intuitive actuary.

calm yourself, honey bear...

obama can't raise your taxes unless he gets elected...
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 16, 2008, 09:16:30 AM »
somehow, julie feel confident you never going make more than $250,000.

just hunch.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1123 on: October 16, 2008, 04:46:34 PM »
Obama's REAL record and Fannie and Freddie:
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/obama_voted_present_on_fannie_mae_freddie_mac_reform/

"Finally, on the matter of deregulation and the financial crisis, Sen. Obama should consider his own complicity in the failure of Congress to adopt legislation that might have prevented the subprime meltdown.

In the summer of 2005, a bill emerged from the Senate Banking Committee that considerably tightened regulations on Fannie and Freddie, including controls over their capital and their ability to hold portfolios of mortgages or mortgage-backed securities. All the Republicans voted for the bill in committee; all the Democrats voted against it. To get the bill to a vote in the Senate, a few Democratic votes were necessary to limit debate. This was a time for the leadership Sen. Obama says he can offer, but neither he nor any other Democrat stepped forward.

Instead, by his own account, Mr. Obama wrote a letter to the Treasury Secretary, allegedly putting himself on record that subprime loans were dangerous and had to be dealt with. This is revealing; if true, it indicates Sen. Obama knew there was a problem with subprime lending — but was unwilling to confront his own party by pressing for legislation to control it. As a demonstration of character and leadership capacity, it bears a strong resemblance to something else in Sen. Obama’s past: voting present."

The truth about Obama's tax plan (finally):
http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/print.php?url=http://www.nypost.com/seven/10152008/postopinion/editorials/obama_tells_the_tax_truth_133633.htm

"Heretofore, Obama has sought to paint himself as a tax-cutter - claiming he'll slash taxes for 95 percent of Americans.

As we noted yesterday, that's a flat-out lie - not least because nearly half of all tax filers pay no income tax at all. So how can he "cut" their taxes if they don't pay any to begin with?

Answer: tax "credits."

To wit, in part:

* A $1,000 "make work pay" credit.

* A $4,000 college-tuition credit.

* A $6,000 child-care credit.

* A $1,100 bump in the earned-income tax credit.

These aren't to be income-tax deductions - which would be worthless to those who pay no income taxes.

These are to be checks from Washington - with the subsidies expected to grow to more than $1 trillion in 10 years.

That's a massive transfer of wealth.

How does Obama justify it?

"Fairness," he says.

But that's an absurdly radical view of what's "fair."

Remember, Obama's tax hikes target folks who already bear the brunt of the burden: The top 20 percent of earners already pay 69 percent of all federal taxes - and 88 percent of income taxes."

When will you people accept that Obama is a liar?  When will you people realize that Obama is nothing more than a slick, dirty Chicago politician?

Obama wrongly states that McCain voted "with President Bush" 90% of the time.  Presidents don't vote in the Senate.  Senators do.  Unless, of course, you are Obama, in which case you can vote 'present'.

Does it bother you that Obama voted with is party 97% of the time?

Nah.  He's not Bush and Bush isn't a democrat.

Justice is tangy....

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 16, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »
eat the rich.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1125 on: October 16, 2008, 06:36:16 PM »
JIL, if you think Obama is any more of a liar than Mccain, than you've gone off the deep end. They both lie. That's what politicians do.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 17, 2008, 01:51:28 AM »
...joe the plumber... :D :D :D :D...some of you really are dippy...sipping from the "msnbc...fox...cnn..hype juice"

obama fell flat in the debate...that much is obvious...mccain seemed to be the passionate one...and the independent voter looks to see how much juice obama has in the tank...the tv ads won't do it for him...obama's campaign has peaked and now looks blase and bland..much like the smarmy smiling tired candidate himself.

...alice palmer has gotten over obama's tactics...cheap...easy...cowa rdly.

ah...aye must show you that mccain is a very clever man...who looks more and more like a "commander in chief"...

he bounces back from adversity...and those who would attempt to "politically torture" him...he is truly a survivor...and has the political hacks running in circles.

it is not the man...it is the metaphor...and a very powerful one...

in ohio...in florida...in nevada...in pennsylvania...in virginia...in new hampshire...

...who do you think holds up the fiscal vertebral column in these states???

...the literal seems to transcend the metaphor to most of the "network corporate television news/entertainment media"

...however they fail to recognize the power of the metaphorical message...electrical contractors and home repair contractors can read this one with their eyes closed...it doesn't matter whether "joe the plumber" was a real person or not...it is irrelivant...and the more that the media attacks this real man...the more the actual plumbers...electricians...con struction contractors...engineers...sma ll chain owners will pay attention...

...if during these tough economic times...barack obama wants to RAISE their taxes...they will not vote for him...period.

...these backbone owners of businesses are the working man's bread and butter...without them...the states of ohio, penna, florida, nevada, new hampshire are fiscally paralyzed...and if new yorkers and californians think that no one is paying attention to the fact that if obama raises their bosses taxes...

...they could be out on the street...think again...people are losing their jobs in new york already...

...obama's economic plan of raising taxes on the backbone businesses...will cost people their jobs...

...and when the story of "joe the plumber" resonates...it is not the actual man that these voters in pa,oh,fl,nv,nh think about...it is their own boss...it is their own job...it is their own family...

if you get "let go" because your boss now has a huge TAX burden...and is forced to "fire you" or "let you go"...

...then who cares that barack obama is not going to reach into your pocket...

...there will be no money to take out of your pocket...hell, you might not even have a shirt....

...the independent voters in fl,pa,oh,nv,nh...are the group where the margin of error will find error in

RAISING TAXES during an ECONOMIC RECESSION...and CHANGE = TAXES for barack obama...will lose these swing states...

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 17, 2008, 02:30:31 AM »

mccain won the debate at the alfred e. smith memorial foundation dinner...

...hands down...

no matter who wins...it is obvious that mccain has a more jocular and clever sense of humor of the two candidates...his timing is classic...he is a well rounded character....he was very strong on letterman...

one can see why they call him "the maverick" and the comeback kid...

...obama got a long way to go...even if he wins this thing...

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1128 on: October 17, 2008, 02:49:32 AM »

mccain won the debate at the alfred e. smith memorial foundation dinner...

...hands down...

no matter who wins...it is obvious that mccain has a more jocular and clever sense of humor of the two candidates...his timing is classic...he is a well rounded character....he was very strong on letterman...

one can see why they call him "the maverick" and the comeback kid...

...obama got a long way to go...even if he wins this thing...

I lol'd at this. What the @#!*? I mean, are you now trying to start an argument on who is funnier and more clever? And even if you think that, I would say that McCain might be a little out of touch with the average American's humor, he is 72 after all. Grandmas and Grandpas don't get jokes. Also, how does that prove that he is a maverick?

Tbh, McCain came across as a crabby old man, and I didn't even see the debate, I only read the transcripts. Hate to know how old stiff shoulders and whissslin S's did live.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 17, 2008, 10:24:14 AM »
i agree.  i did watch the debate, and mccain's facial expressions were priceless.

his rolling eyes, etc...he looked like a chipmunk caught in the headlights.  his interruptions, commentary, etc, violated every rule of professional debating and made him look anything but presidential.  which is a shame, because i actually like and respect him.

what infuriates me, is when people like newt gingrich gets on good morning america and says "obama has done many more negative ads than mccain.  why, he has spent twice as much on advertising in virginia than mccain!"

um, the amount of money which candidate spent isnt the question, newt. 
$$$ > $ |=| "more negative campaigning"

and trying to say that obama wants to tax the middle class to give the money to his "cronies" was about as disinginuous as he could get.  gee, newt, didnt you step down as speaker after you lost control of your caucus...and had over 84 ethics violations leveled at you...and were sanctioned for $300,000 for lying to the ethics panel?

sorry, newt, your credibility doesnt go very far.

this is one of the reasons i despise politics. 

non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD