Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Obama will lose in the fall  (Read 83286 times)

Martin Prince, Jr.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Excelsior!
    • View Profile
Re: Why Obama will lose in the fall
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2008, 03:46:17 AM »
Because only females have grade school crushes?  That's your projection.  I hope you'll own it.

I like, though, how you make a generalization about Hillary supporters not being good Democrats and then take offense at my grade-school comment, which I at least labeled a generalization in previous posts.   

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, huh? What you said: "tearing apart another Democratic candidate because you developed a grade-school crush on someone more exciting?" And what I said in response was, "Love the irony of the poster who rails against the sexism in the campaign stooping to patronizing comments like "grade-school crush," as if I and other Obama supporters are a bunch of eight-year olds." Last time I checked, the demographics of eight-year olds were evenly split, male and female, so I'll leave it to others to decide which of us is the one "projecting."
Rising 1L

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2008, 03:56:36 AM »
My you are a spunky one, Martin.

I've refrained from this discussion for the sake of my sanity.  I think everyone knows that I think Clinton race-baited throughout the campaign and that both Clinton and Obama supporters have engaged in some really vicious racist and sexist rhetoric, as well as general meanspiritedness, toward each other and the other candidate.  I'll leave it at that.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2008, 07:58:34 AM »
my friend...there is NO such thing as racism as there is no such thing as race...it is colorism...colorists...the integumentary system...and prejudices marking a person because of partial physiognomy...

suggesting that race exists or racism is like saying the world is flat...or there is such thing as manifest destiny.

that said...richardson will assist obama with the west...

if you must label obama he is neither black nor white...if you must label...he is primarily kenyan american and irish american.

however aye think hiliary has already done irrepairable damage... :-\

people seem to be missing the point. it's not white racism that will cost Obama the election, its hispanic/asian racism. as an ethnic group hispanics have huge issues with african-americans. but don't believe me, just look at what happened to him in areas with large hispanic voting blocks. as a voting block asians are also insanely racist, particularly against black people. asians won't be as much of a factor however, that's simply a question of raw numbers. i think it is indicative of the climate in which we live that this issue, the pink elephant in the room so to speak, isn't discussed. the obsession is with white racism, which, grant you exists, but is waning, while these other forms of racism are in full swing (not to mention black racism, which is ridiculously entrenched and encouraged). discuss.

what republican like you pretend think of no importance whatsoever.  you just trying be like hero, karl rove.

it not working, idiot.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2008, 01:18:36 PM »
really?  we done then?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »
Not quite.  I didn't know where this was going.

Given that your candidate was all-to-ready to connect his unfortunate, voluntary association with someone as repugnant as Jeremiah Wright to the very serious issue of racism for his own political benefit, I wouldn't expect him (or many of his supporters) to take a discussion of any "ism" not beneficial to his campaign all that seriously.

I absolutely reject this formulation.  It is lazy at best, but at worst contains a series of three slurs: first, against Jeremiah Wright, whom you label as "repugnant" because you disagree with him or felt alienated by his preaching style; second, against Obama for somehow using "racism for his own political benefit" (newsflash: racism doesn't benefit its victims); and third, against Obama and Obama supporters as being opportunists who don't care about sexism.  I am disappointed, Sax. 
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2008, 03:42:10 PM »
you go, girl.

conoroberst

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »
Saxby, I dont want to put words in your mouth, but I've discussed Obama v Clinton with several people who think it wasnt fair because Obama didnt hold a speech to address sexism after he did so with racism. My question is, why didnt Hillary hold a speech on sexism?

And though Obama broke with Wright, lots of people did not. Have you openly and honestly looked at what he has done and who he is?

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »
My you are a spunky one, Martin.

I've refrained from this discussion for the sake of my sanity.  I think everyone knows that I think Clinton race-baited throughout the campaign and that both Clinton and Obama supporters have engaged in some really vicious racist and sexist rhetoric, as well as general meanspiritedness, toward each other and the other candidate.  I'll leave it at that.

democrats are always whining and complaining about something aren't they? always, always, always b!tching.  incredible.  at the end of the day, no one likes a bitter complainer.  not a party of unified vision but one of shared animosity.  what cold porridge.

Saxby Clemens II

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm Chuck Bass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2008, 11:42:28 PM »
Oh, shut up  ::)

I'd just like to say that I think emotions still run high on both sides of this primary, so if I was unduly snarky or short with anyone (aside from vercingetorix just now), I apologize.  Really, the most important thing is to keep the White House away from the hot mess that is Cindy McCain, and I think we can all agree on that. 

Grander, more qualified people than any of us will be writing about the past six months for years to come.  With the benefit of space and time, and the lack of immediate, personal involvement, hopefully they will come to inspired, insightful, intriguing conclusions that will be valuable to those studying what was a truly historic election.   
Quote from: Cady
::clutches doll with matching outfit::
Quote from: TheJ
::flippers Sax on ass just for the hell of it::
Quote from: For All Intensive Purposes
i'm not gonna judge, i just think you are a f-ing weirdo

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2008, 11:47:15 PM »
Grander, more qualified people than any of us will be writing about the past six months for years to come.  With the benefit of space and time, and the lack of immediate, personal involvement, hopefully they will come to inspired, insightful, intriguing conclusions that will be valuable to those studying what was a truly historic election.   

um... i beg to differ in opinion.... I am niether grander nor qualified, but i have a book coming out via Rock Lobster Penguing Publishing about all this :-P

I kid bear...
so bored
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive