Law School Discussion

Why Obama will lose in the fall

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: Why Obama will lose in the fall
« Reply #880 on: September 23, 2008, 10:34:37 PM »
it is not a challenge to me...even when aye was supporting obama aye saw the writing on the wall...

it has become a no brainer...aye don't buy the "bush third term" negative platform...sorry...you won't convince me.

But I'm not asking you to convince yourself.  I'm asking you to convince me.  The challenge -- a half-dozen (it's only six) votes against the party leadership on major legislation over two congresses -- remains open.

you are not looking at the body of work...

how can you compare a man who has been on the campaign trail for two years and active in the us senate for two years over a man who has been crossing party lines...authoring legislation accross party lines...a prisoner of war...patriotic defender of the country for over twenty something years and constantly thinking outside the box...constantly bringing something fresh and new to the table?

look at this on paper...aye am telling you...this is why the females in my office have switched from obama to mccain...

blindly read their records on paper...there is NO comparison...on is way too thin..the other is a tome.

I'm not questioning McCain's patriotism or qualifications; I'm questioning his politics.  He hasn't brought anything new to the table in 2005, 2006, 2007, or 2008 until Sarah Palin came along, and he certainly didn't bring anything new to the table when it counted.  If you think I'm wrong, all you have to do is come up with six times in those four years (that's an average of 1.5 times per year) this supposed maverick defied his party -- on issues of importance.
\\

aye'll give you four...contributions to the "interrogation of prisoners" bill...comprehensive immigration reform...the surge in mesopoetamia...selection of palin.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 23, 2008, 10:38:55 PM »
simple...mccain simply sees himself in palin...fighting big oil...forcing big oil to play it fair...kicking out the gop...tossing bouncing bettys into her own party...that is a maverick...

???

don't know what a maverick is either huh? ;)

start with the american standard dictionary...then begin reading the wikipedia biography of mccain...take your time...because it is lengthy... :D :D :D :D

then read obama's wikipedia biography...very telling..fast reading there though.

« Reply #882 on: September 23, 2008, 10:40:02 PM »

I am one.

And I also know when spin crosses over into blatant falsehood.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 23, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »

I am one.

And I also know when spin crosses over into blatant falsehood.

don't think you do...don't believe you are a maverick...and aye have only gotten a few  ;) ::) :o from you. ;)

re: fighting big oil...forcing big oil to play it fair...kicking out the gop...

don't be lazy...do the work yourself...look it up yourself...

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 23, 2008, 10:44:39 PM »
aye'll give you four...contributions to the "interrogation of prisoners" bill...comprehensive immigration reform...the surge in mesopoetamia...selection of palin.

Only one of those is an instance where he voted against the party on major legislation.  (Also, do you remember that McCain actually voted against the torture bill last winter?)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #885 on: September 23, 2008, 10:46:01 PM »

Only one of those is an instance where he voted against the party on major legislation.  (Also, do you remember that McCain actually voted against the torture bill last winter?)

oh?  and the republican party unanimously supported the surge in the house?

« Reply #886 on: September 23, 2008, 10:46:42 PM »

Stop spinning.  I'm half-drunk and likely to vomit on you.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 23, 2008, 10:47:46 PM »

Stop spinning.  I'm half-drunk and likely to vomit on you.

go do some research..don't be lazy.

aye don't even know you...but aye am getting a vibe that you cheat a lot in school?

is that true?

you might be screwed...aye am like a human lie detector....

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 23, 2008, 10:49:49 PM »
most commentators are NOT mavericks...they don't think like independents...they think liberal or democrat or conservative or republican...

understand??

aye guess you have to think like a maverick to understand.

Since most voters aren't mavericks -- and the mavericks among them are bound to have different views from one another -- I don't see your individual method of "thinking like a maverick" as particularly helpful in analyzing how McCain's message was generally received.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 23, 2008, 10:51:07 PM »
aye don't even know you...but aye am getting a vibe that you cheat a lot in school?

is that true?

you might be screwed...aye am like a human lie detector....

This is way out of line.