Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ACCEPTED from WAITLIST  (Read 7533 times)

tommy1

• View Profile
ACCEPTED from WAITLIST
« on: May 29, 2008, 02:03:34 PM »
Please share if you have been accepted from being on the wait list!
What school and when you were accepted from the wait list!

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
Re: ACCEPTED from WAITLIST
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 02:39:53 PM »
I called my WL school and they hung up on me.  Soooo yeah.   :(

Ouch.  Care to share?
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 01:19:10 AM »
That's pretty rough, what the hell happened (if you do not mind me asking)?

How did you ask the admissions people about the waitlist? Did you contact them like 50 times or something? Or did you call and come off caddy or inexperienced?

I mean that just doesn't sound right..

grover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 05:27:29 PM »
i got into Catholic University's law school in D.C. on Wednesday off their waitlist...they gave me two days to get my deposit postmarked in the mail.

i actually decided to pass up this tier 2 school for the tier 3 that offered me a significant scholarship instead.  couldn't handle the 36k/year at Catholic just to go to a slightly higher ranked school but it still sucks to have to make decisions like this based on prohibitive cost issues.

anyway, i wrote Catholic a letter of continuing interest about a month and a half ago and then emailed them last week prior to getting accepted Wednesday.  never called and bugged them or anything although i think if i was really dying to go to a particular school, i would definitely call and express that interest over the phone.  i know that one school (that i am still on their waitlist right now) that i called mentioned that they were going to note in my file that i have called and expressed interest.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 04:11:23 AM »
i got into Catholic University's law school in D.C. on Wednesday off their waitlist...they gave me two days to get my deposit postmarked in the mail.

i actually decided to pass up this tier 2 school for the tier 3 that offered me a significant scholarship instead.  couldn't handle the 36k/year at Catholic just to go to a slightly higher ranked school but it still sucks to have to make decisions like this based on prohibitive cost issues.

anyway, i wrote Catholic a letter of continuing interest about a month and a half ago and then emailed them last week prior to getting accepted Wednesday.  never called and bugged them or anything although i think if i was really dying to go to a particular school, i would definitely call and express that interest over the phone.  i know that one school (that i am still on their waitlist right now) that i called mentioned that they were going to note in my file that i have called and expressed interest.

What kind of e-mail did you send if you do not mind me asking?

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 09:52:33 PM »
has anyone gotton off the waitlist at tj?

grover

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 01:22:11 PM »
tjccardco,

the email i sent them was really brief and to the point...maybe 4 or 5 lines explaining that i currently have a deposit down at another school but that i continue to be highly interested in their school and would be honored to receive an acceptance offer.

the letter i had written the month prior had been more in depth as to why i was interested in attending their school (it was about one page typed, 12 font size).  i didn't make any promises such as "if accepted, i will undoubtedly attend" because i knew that was not the case.

i don't think getting off these lists is an exact science (otherwise i would have probably heard from the other 5 schools that waitlisted me too) but i think short and to the point is the way to go whether that be via email or letter.  they just want to know that you are still in the ballgame.

camdiz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »
tag

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 12:18:35 PM »
tjccardco,

the email i sent them was really brief and to the point...maybe 4 or 5 lines explaining that i currently have a deposit down at another school but that i continue to be highly interested in their school and would be honored to receive an acceptance offer.

the letter i had written the month prior had been more in depth as to why i was interested in attending their school (it was about one page typed, 12 font size).  i didn't make any promises such as "if accepted, i will undoubtedly attend" because i knew that was not the case.

i don't think getting off these lists is an exact science (otherwise i would have probably heard from the other 5 schools that waitlisted me too) but i think short and to the point is the way to go whether that be via email or letter.  they just want to know that you are still in the ballgame.

Thanks. I just got a second letter from Suffolk making sure I was still committed to their wait list. I think they do this before they offer you a spot in their class. They tell you how much it is, like 750.00 deposit and what not. I'm hoping to get into the Boston market, because I know Roger Williams is an up and coming school, but I love Boston.

I did attach with the letter a small LOCI, letting them know that I am still interested and like someone else said on this board or forum, "that i'm not just waiting around for them," and my semester grades were e-mailed in early May.

BlackOldeGold

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »
Grover-

How long were you on the waitlist at Catholic?  I am also on the waiting list and I haven't heard anything either way.

I send emails to a Rebecca Martin saying that I am still interested in the school. Did you contact anyone else in the admissions office?