Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Quick question of credit and making claims against my credit.  (Read 1672 times)

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Quick question of credit and making claims against my credit.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 07:33:36 AM »
If Amex told them to piss off, it seems I'd be in the same situation I am now.  They can't collect physically, they can't collect legally, so they sent it to a collection agency in bad faith simply to harass and spite me.

Here is a question: can the COLLECTION AGENCY ALONE increase the amount?  In other words, gold's isn't still charging me, and the collection agency is telling me that the debt will go up if I don't pay it.  It doesn't seem to me that they can just unilaterally up the amount.

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »
once again, I can't speak generally on this, but I have seen a collections agency include collection fees in the amount owed on more than 5 occasions.

bossofyou

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »
If you pay shhit you don't owe, then you suck cock.  If your commonsense has been overridden by Jack da Banker's fear mongering  - then you deserve to pay it.  In fact, pay my shhit too. 

I'd fukin hang up on Jack and his faggot bank if he said this shhit to me - "An UNPAID collection on your credit is bad.  It's not just that it screws the score up, but the majority of lenders will require you to pay it off before they will lend to you.  You can argue with them and say that it's just an isolated incident for a small dollar amount, and then they'll laugh behind your back."

And, I'd have three more lenders waiting in the wings.  Bankers are whores, finicky whores, but whores nonetheless.  They got the itch to get your loans and tie up your assets.  Keep your averaged credit score above 720 and you'll be fine - even under the new fed. lending standards. 

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 07:25:04 PM »
If you pay shhit you don't owe, then you suck cock.  If your commonsense has been overridden by Jack da Banker's fear mongering  - then you deserve to pay it.  In fact, pay my shhit too. 

I'd fukin hang up on Jack and his faggot bank if he said this shhit to me - "An UNPAID collection on your credit is bad.  It's not just that it screws the score up, but the majority of lenders will require you to pay it off before they will lend to you.  You can argue with them and say that it's just an isolated incident for a small dollar amount, and then they'll laugh behind your back."

And, I'd have three more lenders waiting in the wings.  Bankers are whores, finicky whores, but whores nonetheless.  They got the itch to get your loans and tie up your assets.  Keep your averaged credit score above 720 and you'll be fine - even under the new fed. lending standards. 

:D :D
Yeah, it's my mission in life to go around fear mongering for gold's gym. I've just been waiting on Lawschooldiscussion all this time for this opportunity!!!
Collection agencies specialize in collections.  I know that's a hard concept for bossofyou to understand.  Collections companies don't usually file against your credit if they don't have legal standing.   Maybe it's some stupid loophole, but I'm sure there is something in the contract that makes them think you owe them money.
It's totally unfair, but it will affect your score.  It will also make it extremely difficult to keep your score over 720.
Go do some research and listen to people you trust.  I don't care if you don't listen to me, but you'd be stupid to listen to bossofyou.   Telling collections agencies to "F off", and then just pretending like it will go away is a bad idea.

bossofyou

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »

:D :D
Yeah, it's my mission in life to go around fear mongering for gold's gym. I've just been waiting on Lawschooldiscussion all this time for this opportunity!!!
Collection agencies specialize in collections.  I know that's a hard concept for bossofyou to understand.  Collections companies don't usually file against your credit if they don't have legal standing.   Maybe it's some stupid loophole, but I'm sure there is something in the contract that makes them think you owe them money.
It's totally unfair, but it will affect your score.  It will also make it extremely difficult to keep your score over 720.
Go do some research and listen to people you trust.  I don't care if you don't listen to me, but you'd be stupid to listen to bossofyou.   Telling collections agencies to "F off", and then just pretending like it will go away is a bad idea.

I have 3 unpaid collections and an average credit score of just over 800.  720 aint shhit.  Jack has banker knowledge, but has the commonsense and life experience of a 9yr old.

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/WhatsInYourScore.aspx

Saucony Jazz

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 08:08:44 PM »
They have already called me and I already told them to report it against my credit.  

This is the wrong attitude. If at all possible, you should try and keep your credit report as clean as possible, meaning no negative blemishes (e.g. collection accounts, lates, etc...).

Having a clean report just makes everything a little bit easier as opposed to having open collection accounts where red flags can be raised.

Please don't let that stupid collection hit your report. It's not worth it!
You my Son and I Love You!

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 04:19:13 PM »
I understand that everyone here advising me to just pay it is looking out for my best interests.  It probably would be cheaper in the end just to pay it.

However, I am pretty disturbed that this is the system he have.  If I am not under any contractual or other legal obligation to pay someone, they shouldn't be able to touch me.  They especially shouldn't be able to touch without proferring a shred of documentation, which seems to be what they have done.  It ought to be just as illegal as taking my wallet and holding it for $80 ransom.  Sure, my credit cards are in there and its in my best interest just to pay it, but it is a freakin crime! 

Needless to say, this is my first exposure to the system.  I have always paid all my bills on time, etc. Its just a bit shocking that this can happen without a single ounce of documentation.