Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Practice Exams  (Read 1264 times)

BrooklynLaw

• View Profile
Practice Exams
« on: May 27, 2008, 11:55:02 PM »
what do you use to grade your practice exams (the professor's old exams for example)?

Do i just see how many issues I was able to raise and resolve on my or do I ask the professor for the best response?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Practice Exams
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »
Some profs provide sample answers on file.  Some profs invite you to bring your answer to office hours to go over it with you.

For me, this is where study groups come in - with 2 or 3 people going over a problem, you're more likely to hit most of the issues.

Also, for 1L, I used Seigel's Essay Exams books - tons of essay exam questions w/ sample answers.  These were probably the MOST helpful b/c it gave me a good example of how to structure my answer for each subject beyond the more general system of analysis I got when I used LEEWS.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
Re: Practice Exams
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 12:05:16 AM »
Jacy's answer (as usual) is a good one.

I also find it helpful to ask the professors if they'll give me a quick once around the block on one of their old exams.  Not an in-depth "how do I beat your exams" just a few minutes on their preferences.  If you're not a jerk about it, they'll usually give you a lot of insight (at least in my experience.)

My school has answers on file.  So it's nice and easy here.