Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Failing is the opposite of an awful disease  (Read 890 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Failing is the opposite of an awful disease
« on: May 24, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
Whenever somebody contracts some awful disease or undergoes some awful family tragedy and gets interviewed by the local news about it, they always say the same thing: You see this in the news all the time, but you never think it can happen to you. And then one day it does

I think failing the bar exam is the opposite. Everybody thinks it will happen to them, but it only really happens to a select few. I realized that early on, that the math says Ill likely pass the bar exam, so I havent been too worried about it. Well, yesterday I found out that one of my friends took the bar exam six months agoand failed it.

Sure, she took it during the school year, so she probably didnt have enough time to study. But still, shes a smart girl and she failed. Took a prep class and everything. Now its starting to hit home. Some people really fail this thing.

Tomorrow Im going to figure out how to get my hands on review books. And then, beginning Monday, Im going to start studying. Im going to try to study all day, every day. Oh, and Im going to work all day, every day to promote Lawyer Boy.

-RickLax

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Failing is the opposite of an awful disease
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 05:17:54 PM »