Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Failing the Bar: The Opposite of Awful Disease  (Read 2521 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Failing the Bar: The Opposite of Awful Disease
« on: May 24, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
Whenever somebody contracts some awful disease or undergoes some awful family tragedy and gets interviewed by the local news about it, they always say the same thing: “You see this in the news all the time, but you never think it can happen to you. And then one day it does…”

I think failing the bar exam is the opposite. Everybody thinks it will happen to them, but it only really happens to a select few. I realized that early on, that the math says I’ll likely pass the bar exam, so I haven‘t been too worried about it. Well, yesterday I found out that one of my friends took the bar exam six months ago…and failed it.

Sure, she took it during the school year, so she probably didn’t have enough time to study. But still, she’s a smart girl and she failed. Took a prep class and everything. Now it’s starting to hit home. Some people really fail this thing.

Tomorrow I’m going to figure out how to get my hands on review books. And then, beginning Monday, I’m going to start studying. I’m going to try to study all day, every day. Oh, and I’m going to work all day, every day to promote Lawyer Boy.

-RickLax

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Failing the Bar: The Opposite of Awful Disease
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
Seriously, if we wanted to read your sh*tty blog posts, we would go read your blog.  PLEASE STOP REPOSTING THEM HERE.

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:13:47 PM »
Seriously, if we wanted to read your sh*tty blog posts, we would go read your blog.  PLEASE STOP REPOSTING THEM HERE.

No, I repost them on the blog.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 12:24:55 AM »
Reporting you til you are permabanned.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 12:08:06 AM »
Reporting you til you are permabanned.

I'm so confused as to what I did to so deeply offend you.  I am sorry, whatever it is.

Rick’s Blog