Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If you don't succeed transfering... Try visiting next year...  (Read 1057 times)

Phillyman14

• View Profile
Just FYI for those of you who like me got rejected to school when you first applied, then again if when you try to transfer... Try visiting for you last year... So far i'm 2 and O  It is pretty cool, you will get to attend the school for your last year and the credits transfer back to your home school.

good luck everyone on your transfer apps.. the whole process it a female dog..!!

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: If you don't succeed transfering... Try visiting next year...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:10:57 PM »
It might be fun but as far as the reason why most people are transferring (to improve pedigree), I don't think it helps much if at all?  I have seen resumes that list 'attended classes at Harvard Law,' which I assume was from visiting, but does this really weigh in their favor? 
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

Phillyman14

• View Profile
Re: If you don't succeed transfering... Try visiting next year...
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 10:02:28 PM »
It might be fun but as far as the reason why most people are transferring (to improve pedigree), I don't think it helps much if at all?  I have seen resumes that list 'attended classes at Harvard Law,' which I assume was from visiting, but does this really weigh in their favor? 

I would assume that having it there is better than not having it there at all... Soemthing is better than nothing... But..yea i was mainly saying for people trying to get in the location where they want to practice... Also they can still but... attended for example Yale law 2008 to 2009 or Yale Law visiting student...Just having it there is something...
  It by no means is as good as actually getting a degree from the institution.. but at least this way you get to attend a school you wanted to especially as in my case, where the location is key...