Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 937 times)

juliowc

• View Profile
Help!
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:42:31 AM »
OK, so I am in a bit of a panic and would really appreciate some input: I have been waitlisted at most of the schools that I applied to, and am at somewhat of loss as to what to do (if anything).

University of Houston
University of Denver
Villanova
Drexel
Seattle University
Santa Clara

Out of all the schools on the list, Villanova is my top choice Ė two of the partners at the firm that I am currently working for are graduates of Villanova, and they were kind enough to write letters for me as soon as I was waitlisted (I have also sent them a letter myself). Do you think that will at all improve my chances? If I donít get into any of the above schools, I will be going to Loyola New Orleans for a year, and then, hopefully, transferring. Iím not overjoyed by this, but out of all of my safe schools, they offered me the most money. My numbers are not so great (3.7 from Tulane and 155 LSAT), so I know that Iím probably an underdog at most of the places. But, that aside, is there anything that can be done to improve my chances of being accepted at one of the above schools without appearing overly pushy? Also, can anyone give me some general advice in regards to the waitlist process?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:59:19 AM »
Well, you could take the June LSAT but you would need to improve your score and it is pretty late to start studying. Even a few points might help.

LOCI around once a month (or whenever you have something positive to add to your file), visit, stay in touch with admissions- I think these are all the accepted paths.

It seems like many schools pull off the waitlist as late as the first week of classes, so stay on until it is obvious they are done.

Good luck! I know waitlists are absolutely wretched (I'm on two) so try and focus on where you are admitted while the process plays out.

juliowc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »
Thanks!

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 09:53:58 AM »
My new strategy is to visit and while interviewing at admissions, to offer attendance NEXT year. Evidently this works sometimes, and they may even see it as a demonstration of how much you want to attend and admit you for this year.

Good luck!!!