Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where should I go? BC/ BU/ WUSTL/ ND  (Read 2245 times)

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I go? BC/ BU/ WUSTL/ ND
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 11:12:07 PM »
% of people outraged at BC bashing: 22
% of those people who also happen to be attending BC: 100

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 11:21:13 PM »
% of people outraged at BC bashing: 22
% of those people who also happen to be attending BC: 100

Your point? I wouldn't be outraged if someone was bashing any other school, from Yale to Florida Coastal.  Someone would have to say something truly absurd for me to even really care what they said.  I don't suspect I'm alone in this regard.
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011

UVAnProud2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 02:13:49 PM »
ND does decently in Chicago but it's not national. and trolls, please don't bring up the same argument about ND placing students in NY and CA because a lot of placement stats are about self-selection. they could be placing people in temp jobs across the nation for all we know

to the OP: all of these schools are fine choices and it's really about which location you enjoy the most and which one is giving you the most money. none of them have a significant advantage over the others

Aristone07

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »
If you plan on working in NYC/DC or LA, I would say to get rid of WUSTL and ND.  They are both great schools, but BC and BU seem to be quite portable degrees into two of those markets (NYC especially, DC somewhat).  From all these schools you need to do quite well to go to LA...so why not go to BC or BU (where, if you do not manage top 10-25%, you can still go to NYC or DC). 

As to the BC/BU debate...they're completely comparable.  Neither will aid you in your pursuit of "international law", but will have some classes or clinics geared toward that.  The general consensus has been that BC does marginally better in Boston and BU does marginally better in NYC...take that with a grain of salt. 

As for the better part of the city belonging to BU...I'd say it depends on what you are looking for.  BU is more accessible to downtown, but the law school itself has pretty atrocious facilities (but fabulous views).  BC is further out, most people have cares, but the facilities are pretty amazing and the campus is quite nice.

My advice:  visit the four schools and see which one you feel more at home with...they each have a different feel.  Also take into account $$.  They are all good schools and offer comparable employment stats.  Don't let people sway you with them saying "GO TO SCHOOL X...IT'S THE BEST" when they, themselves, actually attend School X.  It's not exactly impartial.

cs_rudy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »

Neither will aid you in your pursuit of "international law", but will have some classes or clinics geared toward that. 

To the OP:

As always, take everything anyone says on this board with a grain of salt. You didn't decide to go to law school because of these people, so don't decide which school to go to because of them. As this thread has repeatedly shown, many people just rep their own schools. And many times, their facts are plainly wrong. BU, for example, has 12 study abroad programs. It hardly follows that it will not "aid you in your pursuit of 'international law'". Whatever you do, make up your mind soon. Seat deposits suck.