Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW wait list  (Read 5233 times)

lmr123

• View Profile
Re: GW wait list
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
oh boo, i didnt get that email though. ill be giving up hope after the 2nd deposits are due. after that, so long gw.

run with the bulls

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 12:26:31 PM »
Hey, what was the date of that email?   I know that GW sent out a notice about 2-3 weeks ago to many people on the wait list telling them that there would be no spaces.  Can you append the email to the message??  thanks

fsohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »
The email is below.  It is about a week old now, so I'm not sure if it is the one you are thinking of.

Dear Super Awesome Dude,

I hope this message finds you well and enjoying the early days of summer.  As promised by Dean Cornblatt, I'm e-mailing to give you an update on the waiting list situation at Georgetown University Law Center.

We have now received all of our second, and final, set of tuition deposits.  While we thought it was possible that some spaces would open up in Georgetown's entering class, the response to our deadline was quite strong.  Thus, we do not expect to make many offers in the near future.

We also understand that many of you are faced with deadlines at other schools and that this delay may mean that you will need to go forward with your enrollment plans elsewhere.

Thank you for your continuing interest in Georgetown.

Sincerely,

Sophia Sim

lmr123

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 04:48:14 PM »
hmm thats from georgetown, anything new from gw?

newyorker1987

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 11:17:01 PM »
The email is below.  It is about a week old now, so I'm not sure if it is the one you are thinking of.

Dear Super Awesome Dude,

I hope this message finds you well and enjoying the early days of summer.  As promised by Dean Cornblatt, I'm e-mailing to give you an update on the waiting list situation at Georgetown University Law Center.

We have now received all of our second, and final, set of tuition deposits.  While we thought it was possible that some spaces would open up in Georgetown's entering class, the response to our deadline was quite strong.  Thus, we do not expect to make many offers in the near future.

We also understand that many of you are faced with deadlines at other schools and that this delay may mean that you will need to go forward with your enrollment plans elsewhere.

Thank you for your continuing interest in Georgetown.

Sincerely,

Sophia Sim
hmm thats from georgetown, anything new from gw?

lol

i think he thought GW = Georgetown Waitlist

kev199

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 05:09:49 PM »

Dear future super awesome great all around good human being,

We now know that we will be making a number of offers of admission -- for both our full-time and part-time programs.  Our admissions committee is reveiwing the complete files of all wait-listed candidates and creating a ranking that we will follow in extending offers.

I will be in touch with you no later than next Wednesday, June 25th, with a decision.  If we are able to admit you, I will contact you by phone and/or e-mail, as well as send you a formal acceptance package through the U.S. mail.

All candidates admitted from the wait list will have at least 10 days to pay their seat deposits ($1,500.00) and also will have the opportunity to apply for financial aid (need-based grants and loans).  All admitted applicants who qualify for need-based aid will be awarded need-based grants that may range in amount from $3,000 to $19,000.  And, of course, all individuals who are US citizens or permanent residents may borrow federal student and private loans.

At this time, we have no merit funds available.  However, if any merit funds do become available during the summer, all admitted applicants -- including those we admit from the wait list -- will be considered for merit awards.

We appreciate your patience throughout this process and hope you are still interested in GW Law.

Thank you.

Anne

I got that today in the old email box.  So, decisions going out soon!
Showing that waitlisters have a chance!

newyorker1987

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »

Dear future super awesome great all around good human being,

We now know that we will be making a number of offers of admission -- for both our full-time and part-time programs.  Our admissions committee is reveiwing the complete files of all wait-listed candidates and creating a ranking that we will follow in extending offers.

I will be in touch with you no later than next Wednesday, June 25th, with a decision.  If we are able to admit you, I will contact you by phone and/or e-mail, as well as send you a formal acceptance package through the U.S. mail.

All candidates admitted from the wait list will have at least 10 days to pay their seat deposits ($1,500.00) and also will have the opportunity to apply for financial aid (need-based grants and loans).  All admitted applicants who qualify for need-based aid will be awarded need-based grants that may range in amount from $3,000 to $19,000.  And, of course, all individuals who are US citizens or permanent residents may borrow federal student and private loans.

At this time, we have no merit funds available.  However, if any merit funds do become available during the summer, all admitted applicants -- including those we admit from the wait list -- will be considered for merit awards.

We appreciate your patience throughout this process and hope you are still interested in GW Law.

Thank you.

Anne

I got that today in the old email box.  So, decisions going out soon!

yeah my friend contacted them and they cut the waiting-list again. the unlucky ones who didn't get the email will be getting their rejection letters soon

ms04003

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 01:41:17 PM »
So what does this mean for the people who did receive the email?

fsohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 05:00:47 PM »
I guess there is now absolutely no chance I'll be going anywhere other than Cornell.  DC was a nice dream while it lasted.

power2dappl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 07:36:51 PM »
Any1,

Are there people here who are 'Reconsideration' applicants to GWU Law? I applied last November, got rejected in March for the Full Time program, and asked them for reconsideration into the Part Time program, since I have a job and wouldn't mind working in DC and going to Law school in the evenings. Its mid-July, and I'm still waiting to here from them on a decision...

Peace