Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pace ($) vs. Rutgers-Camden vs. Catholic (I think)  (Read 376 times)

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Pace ($) vs. Rutgers-Camden vs. Catholic (I think)
« on: May 22, 2008, 05:52:25 PM »
Was on the WL at Catholic and just got an email saying they want to know if I am interested.  It seems like if I say I am, I will be admitted.  They require a $600 non-refundable deposit if I accept, which is a hell of a lot.  I already have deposits down at Pace and Rutgers (Rutgers is a small deposit, and much of it is refundable).  I still need to check out the Rutgers campus and a class, which is why I haven't completely decided yet.  So basically, I need to know some info about CUA.  I haven't visited it, and I hear some good things about faculty and placement relative to its rank.  However, I am concerned about Catholic being lower than so many other schools in DC.  If anyone has any info about Catholic student life, placement, location, etc., please let me know.

drleather2001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Pace ($) vs. Rutgers-Camden vs. Catholic (I think)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 10:34:15 AM »
Go to Rutgers.

Best reputation, solid tier-2 placement in Philly and New Jersey, cheap COL, and they give you instate after 1 year guaranteed. 

"If Mars had life on it // I might find my wife on it!"
-Brian Wilson

ronaldo699

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:10:39 PM »
catholic places very well in law degree preferred positions in the dc area... location wise, better than american b/c right off the metro and kinda centrally located.. however, big firm wise, itll likely be very tough competition as it is a bit down the dc ladder

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »
I really think Rutgers is your best option out of those three.

I would rank them 1) Rutgers, 2) Catholic, 3) Pace.  I just don't think Pace places very well even within NYC.  In terms of local competition, it is even worse than Catholic.  (Competing with NYU/CLS/Fordham/Cardozo/BLS/St. John's and possibly NYLS, not to mention people from T1 schools relocating to NYC.)

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 06:55:46 PM »
Does Catholic have good federal gov't placement?  I am going to visit it.  Rutgers is a good value but the area isn't good and it might be time to get out of Jersey.  We'll see though.