Law School Discussion

how all you right-wing assholes feeling these days?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: how all you right-wing assholes feeling these days?
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2008, 10:36:16 AM »
One more point....heard of Jack Abramoff? Ya...well McCain uncovered the controversy, and it certainly did NOT help the GOP...

No, the Washington Post uncovered the controversy in late February, 2004.  McCain, as a member of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee, called for a hearing only because he hated Abramoff personally (his call sent committee chair Ben Campbell into the ER with chest pains (Campbell, turns out, was a friend of Jack's.))  It wasn't until he subpoenaed and received tens of thousands of emails from Greenberg Traurig that he realized what a goldmine he'd uncovered.  He immediately arranged a meeting (May, 2004) of his chief adviser, John Weaver, with Karl Rove, one which presumably crowned McCain the heir apparent for 2008.  McCain began campaigning for Bush's re-election two weeks later, and postponed the bulk of the hearings until after the November election.  It wasn't until more Washington Post articles in 2005 forced McCain to step up the hearings that he actually began a "serious" investigation, and even then, he only went after those unrepentant in their dislike/distrust of him (Federici and Norquist, in particular.)  And despite threatening Norquist, he never even produced a subpoena, even though it's been made very clear Norquist was as involved in the money laundering and influence peddling as Abramoff.  Amy Ridenour as well.  Fie.

If McCain was such a "maverick" willing to clean up government, why won't he release the 90,000 emails?  Even the less than 1000 which have been released were heavily redacted.  I've been able, through typesetting research, to establish the names of at least a few Republican Senators and Congressman - but McCain promised that he would not harm any of his Congressional colleagues, so I suspect we'll never see those docs publicly released.  Shame, isn't it?

t...

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »
Finished Julie?
Fulie return when needed, slay your ridiculous threads.
Even Fulie see multi-faceted, nuanced argument more than opportunity to flame.
Play nice, don't call people assholes you annoying, lame slore.

Lol.

You actually think you're the first to come up with a Julie clone, and that you have somehow put Julie in Julie's place?

::)

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2008, 10:45:44 AM »
One more point....heard of Jack Abramoff? Ya...well McCain uncovered the controversy, and it certainly did NOT help the GOP...so - keep on trying to tell me McCain is corrupt like Obama and Hillary when it comes to lobbyists and earmarks...

He "led" the investigation, but "uncovered" it? LOL. He spent his time making sure it didn't become bigger than it was. He's also holding back some hundreds of thousands of pages of documents.

Oh, and he and his "enemy" Grover Norquist have now kissed and made up. Surprising.

Hey, have you been stealing chapters from my upcoming book?!?  I knew not to trust you NBA types.

:-*

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »
Hey, have you been stealing chapters from my upcoming book?!?  I knew not to trust you NBA types.

:-*

I'm an opportunist just like everybody else.  :D

Yeah, well, maybe if I got off LSD I'd finish the damn thing before it's completely irrelevant (or I'm in Guantanamo.)    :-\

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2008, 11:20:14 AM »
Julie Fern, or Fulie Jern, which ever name you are going by at this moment, please enlighten us and tell us what your "ideal" America would be. What do you want to see, specifically? What would make you happy, or at least less hateful and intolerant?

I'm going to take a guess and say big government, no war, no religion, more social programs, less work with more pay, more labor unions, and, of course, world peace.

If you have more to add, please do so.

regulating procreation, DNA profiling, more tax serve both wings just different reasoning, different title. Fulie also hate idiots who try avoid reductionist nonsense, explain political position to Julie/Metsfan, no use

Hmmmm.... regulating procreation as in Eugenics, Carrie Buck style? I remember Hitler liked that idea too.

Also had better sense of humor.

Are you sure it was a joke? In every joke lies a bit of truth. After all, you chose to use that specifically in your clever retort.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if you were nonsense or substance... I got my answer. Thanks for playing.

you not even keep straight whom talking, dickwad.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2008, 11:24:04 AM »
Julie Fern, or Fulie Jern, which ever name you are going by at this moment, please enlighten us and tell us what your "ideal" America would be. What do you want to see, specifically? What would make you happy, or at least less hateful and intolerant?

I'm going to take a guess and say big government, no war, no religion, more social programs, less work with more pay, more labor unions, and, of course, world peace.

If you have more to add, please do so.

regulating procreation, DNA profiling, more tax serve both wings just different reasoning, different title. Fulie also hate idiots who try avoid reductionist nonsense, explain political position to Julie/Metsfan, no use

Hmmmm.... regulating procreation as in Eugenics, Carrie Buck style? I remember Hitler liked that idea too.

Also had better sense of humor.

Are you sure it was a joke? In every joke lies a bit of truth. After all, you chose to use that specifically in your clever retort.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if you were nonsense or substance... I got my answer. Thanks for playing.

Game over? Population control inevitable. Be smart about it when gets here. Hitler racist, global mandates "fair."

Yes, I'm sorry, the game is over. I'm going back to living life, which I don't want to waste by trying to catch your incomprehensible 22,000 posts of ad hominem attacks and unsubstantiated views - that must be an LSD record!

BTW, I think the right wing is feeling good because the left wing is doing a great job dragging out the primaries and destorying itself from within.

you have real problem with first-grade reading and math.

no wonder you right-wing a-hole.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2008, 11:25:52 AM »
You know Fulie isnt Julie right.

julie not think so.  julie think he take too many soccer balls to head.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »
Finished Julie?

gampa john?  that you?

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2008, 11:29:52 AM »
One more point....heard of Jack Abramoff? Ya...well McCain uncovered the controversy, and it certainly did NOT help the GOP...

No, the Washington Post uncovered the controversy in late February, 2004. McCain, as a member of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee, called for a hearing only because he hated Abramoff personally (his call sent committee chair Ben Campbell into the ER with chest pains (Campbell, turns out, was a friend of Jack's.)) It wasn't until he subpoenaed and received tens of thousands of emails from Greenberg Traurig that he realized what a goldmine he'd uncovered. He immediately arranged a meeting (May, 2004) of his chief adviser, John Weaver, with Karl Rove, one which presumably crowned McCain the heir apparent for 2008. McCain began campaigning for Bush's re-election two weeks later, and postponed the bulk of the hearings until after the November election. It wasn't until more Washington Post articles in 2005 forced McCain to step up the hearings that he actually began a "serious" investigation, and even then, he only went after those unrepentant in their dislike/distrust of him (Federici and Norquist, in particular.) And despite threatening Norquist, he never even produced a subpoena, even though it's been made very clear Norquist was as involved in the money laundering and influence peddling as Abramoff. Amy Ridenour as well. Fie.

If McCain was such a "maverick" willing to clean up government, why won't he release the 90,000 emails? Even the less than 1000 which have been released were heavily redacted. I've been able, through typesetting research, to establish the names of at least a few Republican Senators and Congressman - but McCain promised that he would not harm any of his Congressional colleagues, so I suspect we'll never see those docs publicly released. Shame, isn't it?

you only confusing right-wing assholes with actual information.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2008, 11:30:51 AM »
Finished Julie?

Lol.

You actually think you're the first to come up with a Julie clone, and that you have somehow put Julie in Julie's place?

::)

noobs learn slowly, if at all.

it really say something when someone afraid post under usual pseudonym.