Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas vs Cornell  (Read 1697 times)

WaitingonCornell

• View Profile
    • Email
Texas vs Cornell
« on: May 21, 2008, 07:08:44 PM »
If I know for sure that I want to work in Houston when I'm done, does it make any sense to go to Cornell over Texas???

(Assume finances are not a factor)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• View Profile
Re: Texas vs Cornell
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 07:27:12 PM »
If I know for sure that I want to work in Houston when I'm done, does it make any sense to go to Cornell over Texas???

Not a bit. Go to Texas and don't look back.

TimMitchell

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:34:22 PM »
If you saying you want to work in Houston the rest of your life (which you really can't) then I'd say it dosen't matter. However, you have no idea where you will be in 10, 20 or 40 years! Both are great schools, but there is no doubt the Cornell has a much better national reputation and prestige.

WaitingonCornell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 07:44:12 PM »

Not a bit. Go to Texas and don't look back.

Hey Amped where are you headed? (I think you and I have the same Lsat score if I remember correctly)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 08:09:09 PM »
Pm'd

countbizaller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 11:09:10 AM »
If you saying you want to work in Houston the rest of your life (which I really can't) then I'd say it dosen't matter. However, I have no idea where I will be in 10, 20 or 40 years!

Fixed.
UT Law '11

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »
If you saying you want to work in Houston the rest of your life (which I really can't) then I'd say it dosen't matter. However, I have no idea where I will be in 10, 20 or 40 years!

Fixed.

TITCR. I love it when people tell others what they really do or don't know.

SteelersandGators

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 12:23:59 PM »
If you saying you want to work in Houston the rest of your life (which you really can't) then I'd say it dosen't matter. However, you have no idea where you will be in 10, 20 or 40 years! Both are great schools, but there is no doubt the Cornell has a much better national reputation and prestige.

Ummmm....Texas is a pretty national school, even if it's not as national as Cornell. You're not stuck in Texas your whole life with a UT degree. And anyways, maybe the OP does want to be in Texas their whole life. Great work experience and job performance, alongside a UT Law degree, will give OP a good deal of mobility in the long-run.
UVA Law Class of 2011

remiz22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »

Not really. UT is king in Texas.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 12:35:49 PM »

Not really. UT is king in Texas.

TITCR.