Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: southeastern minority job fair  (Read 2145 times)

chocolatedlux56

• View Profile
southeastern minority job fair
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:49:47 PM »
Hi All! I am thinking about attending the SE Minority job fair in Atlanta in August. Has anyone gone to this fair and has it been helpful. I know there are a ton of employers there.

Thanks!

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
Re: southeastern minority job fair
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:47:37 AM »
I went last year and I can honestly say I had a good experience at the fair.  I am registered to attend this year as well.  The only thing that is somewhat weird is that you will be interviewing in hotel room suites.  Typically you will interview at a table in the "living room" section of the employers' hotel room.  If you can get past that, you should be good.  Overall, I definitely say sign up and attend.  Last year I had an interview that I didn't even sign up for so those opportunities exist as well.
Damn...it's the third year already!!

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:00:17 AM »

The internship I have now I interviewed for at the Southeast Minority Job Fair (SEMJEF).

Also be on the look out for the Southern Regional BLSA Job Fair in September. I went to it last year and got a job offer from one of my interviews.
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

chocolatedlux56

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 08:43:39 AM »
Thanks guys! I will definitely sign up

Muhammad Ali

• Who's the prettiest? Who's the greatest?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 10:13:02 PM »
bump for an old topic because it was the most recent SEMJF topic I found through search

How do we know if we got an interview?  I see on my Symplicity that I've been "Pre-Selected" and I hit accept.  Does that mean I have an interview that will be scheduled?  Or does it mean there's another round to go among the pre-selects before they set up firm interview offers with the final cut?

Essentially, does a "Pre-Select" mean I made the final cut or is there another round to go?
I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cause there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/muhammadali

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »
It means you've been selected by the Firm/Agency. Now you just pick the time-slot for your interview.
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09