Law School Discussion

southeastern minority job fair

southeastern minority job fair
« on: May 21, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »
Hi All! I am thinking about attending the SE Minority job fair in Atlanta in August. Has anyone gone to this fair and has it been helpful. I know there are a ton of employers there.

Thanks!

intent06

• "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
Re: southeastern minority job fair
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »
I went last year and I can honestly say I had a good experience at the fair.  I am registered to attend this year as well.  The only thing that is somewhat weird is that you will be interviewing in hotel room suites.  Typically you will interview at a table in the "living room" section of the employers' hotel room.  If you can get past that, you should be good.  Overall, I definitely say sign up and attend.  Last year I had an interview that I didn't even sign up for so those opportunities exist as well.

TruOne

• I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 07:00:17 AM »

The internship I have now I interviewed for at the Southeast Minority Job Fair (SEMJEF).

Also be on the look out for the Southern Regional BLSA Job Fair in September. I went to it last year and got a job offer from one of my interviews.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 06:43:39 AM »
Thanks guys! I will definitely sign up

Muhammad Ali

• Who's the prettiest? Who's the greatest?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 08:13:02 PM »
bump for an old topic because it was the most recent SEMJF topic I found through search

How do we know if we got an interview?  I see on my Symplicity that I've been "Pre-Selected" and I hit accept.  Does that mean I have an interview that will be scheduled?  Or does it mean there's another round to go among the pre-selects before they set up firm interview offers with the final cut?

Essentially, does a "Pre-Select" mean I made the final cut or is there another round to go?

TruOne

• I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »
It means you've been selected by the Firm/Agency. Now you just pick the time-slot for your interview.