Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thinking about law school - A few questions - answers greatly appreciated  (Read 393 times)

mams0681

• View Profile
Hello All,

I am thinking about trying to get into Law School for 2009.  I have attended a few institutions including a community college where I received an AA degree.  FSU engineering school where I did not do so well, and now FAU down in Boca Raton where I should graduate in the Fall of 08 with a BS in Marketing and hopefully a GPA of 3.75.(At FAU)

Here is my dilemma:

My FAU grade point average is going to be in the 3.75 range, my CC GPA was a 3.7, my FSU GPA was only a 2.o with some failed classes and withdrawals, an overall poor performance at that institution.  Should I consider applying with my overall GPA sitting somewhere around a 3.2? Take away the 4 semesters that I attended FSU engineering school, and I'm a model student.  Include it and I'm a student who either does really excellent or really poorly.  Now I'm not considering applying for Harvard, Columbia caliber schools, FIU in Miami or Nova Southeastern would be more what I would consider.

I believe I will do well on the LSAT as I have always scored very well on standardized tests.

What do you think?  Will the admissions officers look at those bad semesters at FSU and immediately discard my application?  Or will they look at my overall and FAU GPA and realize that I'm an intelligent and capable student who made some bad decisions in the past?

Any help greatly appreciated.

devilishlyblue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Your overall LSDAS GPA will be what matters most; if you're right that that's a 3.1, I don't think anybody's going to be automatically throwing your application away.  The LSAT, of course, is the crucial component.

tankbrain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Your overall LSDAS GPA will be what matters most; if you're right that that's a 3.1, I don't think anybody's going to be automatically throwing your application away.  The LSAT, of course, is the crucial component.

TITCR
LSAT: 165
GPA:  3.4