Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Something else to consider before going to law school  (Read 8471 times)

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Something else to consider before going to law school
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2008, 01:48:37 PM »
All, the cereal is called "Froot Loops" not "Fruit Loops."

Follow your nose.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2008, 02:11:59 PM »

Follow your nose.

It certainly is.  Thanks for the head's up. 
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

legalese_retard

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2008, 03:37:50 PM »
This just keeps getting better.... now you're making your parents mortgage their home. hahaha!  What's next?  Are you going to start donating plasma?
It's kind of loud here at work, but I think I can hear a tiny violin in the background playing your sad sad song.

Let's skip all of this garbage and get to the advice.  What are you saying?
Don't go to law school?   Don't go to law school in Texas?  Only go to law school if you have a scholarship? 
Do you think that people on here don't know the risks? 

I'm sorry that you're life hasn't turned out the way you wanted, but you're honestly not helping anyone.  Why don't you tell us what you would have done differently?

As I said before, my original posting was a rant. I also wanted to point out that even grads from higher ranking schools are struggling to find jobs in this economy. Hopefully the economy will be better in 3 years. I'm not telling people who are going to lower ranked schools not to go or that shouldn't take out loans - just to make sure that they make an informed decision. I had the misguided assumption that going to law school would provide me a golden ticket to a 6-figure job as long as a graduated with decent grades from a decent school. I went to Tulane because I didn't know if I wanted to practice in Texas or a different state and I figured that Tulane would open more doors to other states in addition to Texas. But honestly, Tulane is not the problem, it is the economy and lack of job opportunities. It was poor judgment on my part when I didn't research the fact that most law grads do not make more than $100K/year (even when going to tier 1 schools). 

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2008, 03:46:21 PM »
So if you could go back in time, would you still go to lawschool?

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2008, 05:22:44 PM »

Follow your nose.

This is totally true.  I screwed it up by accident -- too tired.  My sincerest apologies.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »

Follow your nose.

This is totally true.  I screwed it up by accident -- too tired.  My sincerest apologies.

Fruit Loops, the poster, on the other hand has no excuse...

HTFH.
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
  • Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2008, 04:51:36 AM »

Follow your nose.

Fruit Loops, the poster, on the other hand has no excuse...

HTFH.

I'm thoroughly embarrassed.

utpost

• "You know what I say isn't what I mean!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2008, 09:45:38 AM »
OP's story is the culmination of everything I fear, although I think having a solid UG degree + experience ?may? provide a backup prior to LS - at least I hope.  Some nights I wake up from nightmares that I will be making less as an average-salaried attorney than I do now as a low-level engineer.  At that point I wake my gf up and make her sing me back to sleep while I enjoy being the little spoon.
"Gutsy question.  You're a shark.  Sharks don't look back, cuz they don't have necks.  Necks are for sheep."

legalese_retard

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2008, 12:35:06 PM »
So if you could go back in time, would you still go to lawschool?

Probably. I know in the long run it will pay off. My family situation threw a curve ball that was unexpected and I wasn't financially prepared. I might have gone to a lesser ranked school with a scholarship or tried to retake the LSAT to get a better score.