Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 4565 times)

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing about health insurance?
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 12:02:27 AM »
I'm on private insurance between UG and LS. It's very, very cheap.

so maybe you would like to share with the rest of us the name of your provider and the plan you have???????    ???

Just go to ehealthinsurance.com and check the quotes based on what you want/need and for your location. I'm young, don't smoke, have no pre-existing conditions, etc.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
They will probably make you get it...and if you get outside insurance, it has to come with psychological counseling...bc apparently, some people actually use it  :-\

lol.   :-\ @ the psychological counseling.

It's included in our budget, but I don't know if they make you get it.  I hope not.  I wanted to use that money to supplement my monthly budget.  I know.  I know.  My priorities are screwed up.
Michigan 2L

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 11:07:04 AM »
bump

anyone have opinions on BCBS?
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

john jacob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 05:14:53 PM »
I assumed that the university-provided insurance would be better than anything from the individual market due to bargaining leverage. How much do they usually cost at your schools?

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 05:18:01 PM »
The university health insurance is normally fairly cheap--and you can have the money taken out of your student loan, normally, so you never even see the bill. 

I say, instead of gambling on not having insurance, pack a brown bag lunch 3 days a week (treat yourself the other 2 days) and buy used books.  You will be surprised at how much money this saves.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »
I took the FSU insurance plan. It's pretty cheap and very comprehensive, plus it comes straight out of my aid package.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

john jacob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »
yeah, comparing them, the university for me is better, plus it covers dental and vision and pharmacy.

Steve Jones

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 08:11:48 PM »
yeah, comparing them, the university for me is better, plus it covers dental and vision and pharmacy.

John,

I hope you are still considering applying to Florida Coastal and taking advantage of the scholarship we have ready for you. As you know, based on your LSAC data, you are pre-qualified for admission and a $150 per year merit scholarship. You only need to submit an application and I will request your LSDAS report with two letters of recommendation. The vast majority of candidates with your credentials are being accepted and receive the scholarship as soon as I receive their application.

No matter how you choose to apply, I will waive your application fee. You can either choose to apply through LSAC (we don't charge an application fee) or to speed-up the process, you can apply at www.fcsl.edu/enroll/ . Just enter "0222" on top of the form where it asks for a Fee Waiver Code. We have rolling admission so no application deadline, but don't wait much longer or seats and/or scholarships will become sparse.

I look forward to receiving your application and please stay in touch.

Steve

P.S. - John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt; His name is my name, too! Whenever we go out, all the people always shout, "There goes John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt! Da da da da da da da..."
We have many people from your state that attend our school!

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 10:42:48 AM »
bump
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

Alecto

• Sr. Citizen
  • Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
Anthem has a pretty decent plan (at least in Indiana).  The Indiana University system has good insurance for grad students, with no co-pay when you use the student health center.  UGA was the same way.