Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Really depressing. Need advice from you guys.  (Read 3308 times)

karyyn

• View Profile
    • Email
Really depressing. Need advice from you guys.
« on: May 20, 2008, 02:10:38 AM »
Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm now a senior at a not well known state university, and I'm graduating with a finance major this year.

My undergrad GPA is 3.3, finance major GPA is 3.1, and my LSAT is 177. Thinking about applying to law schools this coming fall. But just went to site to calculate my LSDAS GPA, and it turns out to be 3.08. I got straight A's during my senior year, but screwed up in my junior year because of family and motivation problems.

So, no chances at Chicago or NYU at all? How about UMich and UVA then? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Really depressing. Need advice from you guys.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:34:55 AM »
Soft factors?  Diversity?
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

raider1218

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 07:41:23 AM »
Depressing?  Get some perspective.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »
Flame...no doubt about it.

I'm now a senior at a not well known state university, and I'm graduating with a finance major this year.

Someone smart enough to get a 177 wouldn't have such poor grammar. By the way, who's this finance major you're graduating with? I'd like to meet him or her.

Majmun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Now Featuring Excess Whiteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 08:55:37 AM »

I'm now a senior at a not well known state university, and I'm graduating with a finance major this year.

Someone smart enough to get a 177 wouldn't have such poor grammar
. By the way, who's this finance major you're graduating with? I'd like to meet him or her.

You couldn't be more wrongerer.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 09:48:51 AM »

Someone smart enough to get a 177 wouldn't have such poor grammar
. By the way, who's this finance major you're graduating with? I'd like to meet him or her.

You couldn't be more wrongerer.

I so sorry. I aplogizee for my igneruhnce.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »
If you want depressing click on my LSN link.  Go to georgetown-cornell-northwestern on a work deferral.  Prosper.

Judge Wapner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »
Not to make LSD my sounding board for grammar pet peeves, but why is everyone on the internet collectively ditching subjects in their sentences? Don't like it. Sounds stupid. Guess it's not that big of a deal.
164-3.6

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
Not to make LSD my sounding board for grammar pet peeves, but why is everyone on the internet collectively ditching subjects in their sentences? Don't like it. Sounds stupid. Guess it's not that big of a deal.

Brevity rocks.

tankbrain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 04:55:18 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm now a senior at a not well known state university, and I'm graduating with a finance major this year.

My undergrad GPA is 3.3, finance major GPA is 3.1, and my LSAT is 177. Thinking about applying to law schools this coming fall. But just went to site to calculate my LSDAS GPA, and it turns out to be 3.08. I got straight A's during my senior year, but screwed up in my junior year because of family and motivation problems.

So, no chances at Chicago or NYU at all? How about UMich and UVA then? Thanks in advance for your advice.

You will still have some great options. How did your LSAC GPA differ so dramatically from the 3.3 GPA you thought to be valid?
LSAT: 165
GPA:  3.4