Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LG easier now...?  (Read 1651 times)

BABALITY!

• View Profile
LG easier now...?
« on: May 20, 2008, 01:16:53 AM »
I've read numerous times that supposedly the new LG sections are easier than older ones. I've found this to be true in the limited practice tests I've taken... June 07 was much much easier than Feb 99, for me, as an example.

Just wondering if there was a definite 'turning point' one year in which the games became decidedly easier, and what year (or around what year) that took place? I'm curious because I'd like to gauge my abilities in LG on practice tests to something comparable to what I'll be facing on this upcoming June's test.

Bonus question: Consequently, RC has supposedly gotten tougher. Do you guys think so?

BarryLaine

• Sr. Citizen
  • "My aim is true..."
    • View Profile
Re: LG easier now...?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:29:44 AM »
tag.

zachanson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:09:00 AM »
dang I like LG much better than RC  :-[

suppose I finish a section and there's still a little time left, can I move on to the next section?
or at least turn to the next page and read those questions? just reading but not using my pencil to do anything?

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 10:07:26 AM »
dang I like LG much better than RC  :-[

suppose I finish a section and there's still a little time left, can I move on to the next section?
or at least turn to the next page and read those questions? just reading but not using my pencil to do anything?

no.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

drleather2001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 10:35:14 AM »
FWIW, at my Dec. 07 test, a girl did go back and try to do some answers from another section.  She got pulled aside and told that she was getting written up. 

Don't let that happen to you: just always leave the final minute for filling in blank circles that you haven't had time to answer. 
"If Mars had life on it // I might find my wife on it!"
-Brian Wilson

zachanson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »
FWIW, at my Dec. 07 test, a girl did go back and try to do some answers from another section.  She got pulled aside and told that she was getting written up. 

Don't let that happen to you: just always leave the final minute for filling in blank circles that you haven't had time to answer. 

:o :o :o thanks for the good info

guys how do you interpret only 'analog' watches allowed?

I know that the $35 'silent timer' I bot can't be used, most probably a digital watch not allowed either.

then how about my 'chronograph' watch? it has a small dial and hand that show how many minutes elapsed. no digital numbers shown

JnJ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 10:45:30 PM »

:o :o :o thanks for the good info

guys how do you interpret only 'analog' watches allowed?

I know that the $35 'silent timer' I bot can't be used, most probably a digital watch not allowed either.

then how about my 'chronograph' watch? it has a small dial and hand that show how many minutes elapsed. no digital numbers shown

An analog watch is just one with hands on it. I don't know if the chronograph is going to fly.

This is the watch that I use right now: http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/4/optimized/317444_fpx.tif?wid=250&fmt=jpeg&qlt=100

Do you guys think it'll swing?

BABALITY!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »

Just wondering if there was a definite 'turning point' one year in which the games became decidedly easier, and what year (or around what year) that took place? I'm curious because I'd like to gauge my abilities in LG on practice tests to something comparable to what I'll be facing on this upcoming June's test.

June 2005 marked the shift in LG's.  It was a super easy section and that test was also the first one with the more strict score conversion charts. 

It was the day the music died. 

That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks Jeffort. A day that will live in infamy.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 11:27:36 AM »
Just a note:  The one relatively new concept that appeared on both the September and December 2007 games was found within the linear (edit: and sequencing) games.  "k is before j or after m, but not both."  I suspect it'll show up again (curious at to whether the Feb. 2008 test takers can recall seeing it.)  It's not a difficult concept, but it threw me off when I first encountered it mid-test.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

LSATHell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 08:24:41 PM »
Just a note:  The one relatively new concept that appeared on both the September and December 2007 games was found within the linear (edit: and sequencing) games.  "k is before j or after m, but not both."  I suspect it'll show up again (curious at to whether the Feb. 2008 test takers can recall seeing it.)  It's not a difficult concept, but it threw me off when I first encountered it mid-test.

Wow!
Thanks for the info.
Similar to a rule in PTB (I think?), but a little bit more confusing.