Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BU and Tulane Visits?  (Read 1468 times)

latech

• View Profile
BU and Tulane Visits?
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:46:05 AM »
Has anyone here visited BU or Tulane.  If so, may I have your thoughts on them please.  Thanks.

button

• View Profile
Re: BU and Tulane Visits?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »
 Hi, I have had the chance to visit BU. The city of Boston is great! But the law tower at BU is very much the opposite.It is horrible,to say the least....ugly... inconvenient, and truly an eye sore on the city of Boston. The only appealing part is that you have a great view of the St Charles River.If you go and visit don't torture yourself and visit BC...BC has a beautiful campus. BU is located directly on a train line 10 minutes outside downtown Boston. The rents are extremely high, for what you get.
At the beginning of my cycle BU and BC were at the top of my list. After visiting, their place on my list shifted a bit. With no money BU is expensive...the cost of living is also very high. The total cost was a huge deciding factor for me. I have read the same complaints many times over about BU. BU's programs are strong for the New England area and NY.....if you want to practice and live in the South...I think it could complicate it a little.

fouldeliverer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:37:05 PM »
First off, Tulane is located in uptown New Orleans..right off historic St.Charles street and the trolley line which runs right to downtown New Orleans (takes about 10 minutes or so)..The law building is located on the edge of the Tulane campus and it is fairly new (built sometime within the last five years if I remember correctly)..all in all, Tulane is situated in the best section in one of the best cities in America..(of course I am quite bias being a LA native)

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 03:41:44 PM »
First off, Tulane is located in uptown New Orleans..right off historic St.Charles street and the trolley line which runs right to downtown New Orleans (takes about 10 minutes or so)..The law building is located on the edge of the Tulane campus and it is fairly new (built sometime within the last five years if I remember correctly)..all in all, Tulane is situated in the best section in one of the best cities in America..(of course I am quite bias being a LA native)

The building is actually 13 years old.

remiz22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 10:19:14 PM »
The BU law building is more like a dungeon.

porkandbeans

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:17:13 PM »
The BU law building is more like a dungeon.

i visited a few weeks ago. 

while it is a very ugly building, some of the classrooms are quite nice.  library sucks, looked small and ugly.  BC had a nicer campus but i got more of a jock/bro vibe even at the graduate level, unfortunately (although for the undergrad thats a given). for what its worth, i'd rather be in an ugly building with a more professional group of students than a bunch of partially reformed frat boys.

no experience with tulane, though new orleans is a nice city.  i prefer boston, but a drawback to boston is how homogenous the culture seems to be.  i was shocked at how many white people there are, i've never seen anything like it, including the midwestern cities i've been to.  obviously there are a lot of dominicans/purto ricans, but they seem to be segregated.  besides that, and the cold, boston is great.

internetuser

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 12:21:05 AM »
does tulane have a jock/bro vibe?

kev199

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 09:46:02 PM »
I'll be revisiting BU Tuesday to determine whether I'll place a second deposit.  I'm between BU and Tulane at the moment also (come on UVA, let someone in with a low LSAT to give hope to low LSAT'ers in future years).

I lived a block away from Tulane Law all last year and I've spent quite a bit of time in the law library (hey, quiet convenient study location, sorry law students for taking up space).  It's the known for me and BU is the unknown.  Hopefully I'll be able to decide whether BU is the place for me or Tulane is next week.

Oh yeah, it is so cold up in NY right now and I wish I was still in New Orleans weather. ;)
Showing that waitlisters have a chance!

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:09:08 AM »
Oh so all my info about Tulane was ... well ... unneeded.  ::)

How's this, then:

civil civil civil = international international international

?

I think the board is a little "Tulaned out"...

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 02:13:06 PM »
Oh so all my info about Tulane was ... well ... unneeded.  ::)

How's this, then:

civil civil civil = international international international

?

I think the board is a little "Tulaned out"...

Let's all retreat to the comfort and safety of the Tulane thread.
Tulane c/o 2011