Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Life as a Summer Associate  (Read 12298 times)

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
Re: Life as a Summer Associate
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »
Hey, us English Majors are very protective of our work.

Shouldn't it be "We English Majors?"

Ha.  . . .Ha . . . .

Here's an idea:

When you actually have taken a SINGLE law school course, then come back on the boards and correct me. Until then, go back to your "Planet 1L" and "Getting to Maybe"
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 11:31:50 AM »
Hey, us English Majors are very protective of our work.

Shouldn't it be "We English Majors?"

Ha.  . . .Ha . . . .

Here's an idea:

When you actually have taken a SINGLE law school course, then come back on the boards and correct me. Until then, go back to your "Planet 1L" and "Getting to Maybe"

I'm sorry, was I incorrect?  If so, please educate me.  I'm always open to criticism - you know, the kind where someone points out a flaw in your work, rather than assuming that you must be wrong because of your age.

I can also take a joke.  I suggest you learn to do the same.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 11:48:32 AM »
LOL

Now now, kids...
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »
Should I feel guilty for signing up for the big Job Fair that is happening at the end of the summer?

I kinda feeling like I'm in a relationship with my firm, but I'm steppin' out behind its back to go holla at some other firms that got bigger. . . .offices.

University of Law '09

dsetterl

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 02:46:58 PM »
Why would you feel guilty? They aren't your girlfriend, don't treat them like one.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 02:49:53 PM »
Should I feel guilty for signing up for the big Job Fair that is happening at the end of the summer?

I kinda feeling like I'm in a relationship with my firm, but I'm steppin' out behind its back to go holla at some other firms that got bigger. . . .offices.

that's how the game is played
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 02:51:15 PM »
Why would you feel guilty? They aren't your girlfriend, don't treat them like one.

I know, I know, but my Firm has been through a lot of bad situations with other interns, its really gotten its feelings and AMLaw ratings hurt. I want to prove that I'm not just "that kinda guy" that will just love'em and leave'em.

sigh. . .

::queues up Usher's "You make me wanna. . ."::

University of Law '09

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »
Never put your heart into it.  They'd screw you if it were were economically expedient.

Saucony Jazz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »

lol...
You my Son and I Love You!

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »
Never put your heart into it.  They'd screw you if it were were economically expedient.

Titcr.  I was feeling kinda guilty when I left my previous job for law school, than I realised that they would drop me in a heartbeat if it was in their best interest.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn