Law School Discussion

What Do I need to do from here?

What Do I need to do from here?
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:56:58 AM »
-I have a UGPA of 3.0 and a Major GPA of 3.5, however I also will be sending addenda that explain my underachievement: economic hardship, personal problems, and working all the while
-Minority
-Spectacular personal statment
-I have been serving in the Air Force since my freshmen year of college
-My undergrad is Indiana University, and my degree program is Public and Environmental Affairs with a focus on Legal Studies and Management the SPEA program is ranked top 10 of all its like maybe even top 3
-I have yet to take the LSAT but I am in a Prep class now and the first day we took a practice test I scored a 136, however I didn't get to answer 33 of the questions because I wasnt prepared for the timing. I know I can score higher I really didnt miss a lot of questions I just didnt do alot of them

My question is.....given these conditions what law schools should I start looking into? What should I do from this point on given the circumstances? Any suggestions and/or help is much appreciated

Re: What Do I need to do from here?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 05:23:34 PM »
Focus 100% on studying for the LSAT. There is no point in picking schools to apply to until you have your score. If you have to do something other than just studying for the LSAT, work on your essays and getting in contact with the people who you plan on asking to write your recommendation letters (there is no bigger pain then getting your apps in early and have them not go complete until late December because of a slow recommender-trust me!). But I wouldn't even start worrying about that until August. Aim to have your apps out the door and complete in September/early October. But your time this summer will be better spent acing the LSAT. Relax-everything else can wait. Good luck!