Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: $$$UF or Gtown  (Read 2498 times)

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: $$$UF or Gtown
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 11:02:00 PM »
I think it really depends on exactly what the OP wants to do and how debt averse they are.  It's pretty obvious most people on this board would pick GULC, but that doesn't mean it's right for everyone, or wrong for that matter.

SteelersandGators

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 11:10:59 PM »
Well yeah, the decision hinges on a number of factors, but the OP was very vague about his/her situation so all we can do is give general advice.

Generally speaking, Georgetown is the clear choice. If the OP provides us with more details, we can give more suitable advice.

I'm a UF alum. I'm looking for reasons to suggest UF. But the OP hasn't given us very many.
UVA Law Class of 2011

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 12:00:44 PM »
sorry about my absence guys, but I appreciate your responses. The most challenging condition set forth in the scholarship is being within the top 33% by start of my 2nd year. I would like to midlaw 1st, biglaw 2nd or government counsel 3rd. I would like to practice in FL, Texas or North Carolina

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
sorry about my absence guys, but I appreciate your responses. The most challenging condition set forth in the scholarship is being within the top 33% by start of my 2nd year. I would like to midlaw 1st, biglaw 2nd or government counsel 3rd. I would like to practice in FL, Texas or North Carolina

I say Georgetown then. Top 33% at GTown get BigLaw and can be competitive in the markets you're interested in.

whartonn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 12:25:09 PM »

I would choose Georgetown. UF doesn't really place outside of Florida. If you had any interest in NC or Texas, Georgetown could easily get you into those markets.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 01:16:12 PM »
The most challenging condition set forth in the scholarship is being within the top 33% by start of my 2nd year. 

I think that is a 100% deal killer.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?