Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers-Camden Waitlist  (Read 1499 times)

amk320

• View Profile
    • Email
Rutgers-Camden Waitlist
« on: May 15, 2008, 01:07:28 PM »
Does anyone have any advice for increasing the chance of getting off of a waitlist?  My acceptances for this year are not so good, and with rejections from Temple, Villanova and Drexel, I'm hoping I can move off the Rutgers WL so I don't have to relocate or take a year off entirely.  I know that sending a LOCI or something is usually a good idea, but the only thing I could offer is that my final semester senior grades were excellent, and the GPA I've maintained for the last two years is considerably higher than the cumulative GPA I was forced to advertise to the schools I applied to.  I think that is a strong indication that the upward trend in my academic progress is likely to continue in law school.

(EDIT - Cumulative undergrad GPA moved from 3.27 to 3.30, but semester GPA was high 3.6 with Dean's List, where it's been for two years.  Had a couple bad semesters at the beginning that hurt me.)

Failing that, would I have better chances if I offered to attend the part-time programs?  As terrifying as spending an evening in Camden is, I can't imagine seats are as competitive.

Thanks for the input,

AMK

thelawman

• View Profile
    • numbers
Re: Rutgers-Camden Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 12:38:51 AM »
u may not want to hear it but i recommend taking the yr off and retaking the lsat

if u  think u can score a 162 on it then getting in this school shouldnt be too difficult at all

go to amazon and c what lsat books r recommended and use those for study aides

hope this helped and has reached u in time