Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How far along are you in your moving plans?  (Read 2021 times)

boombasticlady

• View Profile
Re: How far along are you in your moving plans?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »
yea i kno..i hate waitlists or schools that take ions to send you a letter...  i would have loved to stay in boston because i love my apt, my roommate is not a psycho and my family is here but if i wait on New England i will get screwed...

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »
No words to describe my status just... :'(

Congrats Greenie on your progress. Sounds like it's all coming together. I'm considering renting my house b/c that may be a quicker option than selling. No market activity lately. I need to have something squared away within the next month for all practical purposes. Kind of hard to move a whole family in a months time.  :(
(Just Adding Another Notch)

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 04:06:36 PM »
No words to describe my status just... :'(

Congrats Greenie on your progress. Sounds like it's all coming together. I'm considering renting my house b/c that may be a quicker option that selling. No market activity lately. I need to have something squared away within the next month for all practical purposes. Kind of hard to move a whole family in a months time.  :(

I know how you feel.  As much as I'd love to wait for BC - GW is just giving me such a sweet deal and BC is offering me no certainty so I have to go with what IS certain.  It sucks and I'm so scared BC is going to make me an offer, but I need to make plans and such.

I can get back to Boston in 5-8 years with a GW degree right?

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
I'm sure you will make your way back to Boston just fine!
(Just Adding Another Notch)

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »
I'm impressed your SO has already found a position. My dh is out on his first interview tomorrow and my middle daughter went with to tour the high school. We're on the waiting list for family student housing but I talked to them today and it sounded like it was going to work out ok. On the house front we're doing something pretty unconventional and handing it over to my ex-h since he's taking custody of my 2 oldest kids and staying here.

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 05:51:10 PM »
I'm impressed your SO has already found a position. My dh is out on his first interview tomorrow and my middle daughter went with to tour the high school. We're on the waiting list for family student housing but I talked to them today and it sounded like it was going to work out ok. On the house front we're doing something pretty unconventional and handing it over to my ex-h since he's taking custody of my 2 oldest kids and staying here.

My husband is an engineer which luckily is a very in demand position in NOVA.  NOVA is a big hub for engineering (as is Mass). I'm glad I'm not going to W&L in the middle of no where with no jobs around.  He had two interviews the first week in May and he got one, so now we are waiting for the offer in the mail.

RoughRider

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »
We're planning a trip to NOVA next month to secure housing for around August 1.  My house has been on the market for about 2 mos. with little activity, so I'm started to get a bit worried.  My wife has put in only one application so far for a job, but is getting ready to start in earnest soon.  It's hard to know how to time that just right.  She's currently self-employed (she's a photographer), so she'll need to find a secure type of job until she can establish her busniess in a market 3000 miles away from where we are now.  Oh the joys of a long distance move with a family!

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »
We're planning a trip to NOVA next month to secure housing for around August 1.  My house has been on the market for about 2 mos. with little activity, so I'm started to get a bit worried.  My wife has put in only one application so far for a job, but is getting ready to start in earnest soon.  It's hard to know how to time that just right.  She's currently self-employed (she's a photographer), so she'll need to find a secure type of job until she can establish her busniess in a market 3000 miles away from where we are now.  Oh the joys of a long distance move with a family!

Our condo is also on the market but we just put it on... we are "pricing to sell".  Eek.  Do you have kids?

RoughRider

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »

Our condo is also on the market but we just put it on... we are "pricing to sell".  Eek.  Do you have kids?

I have two kids (5 and 7).  I may have to price to sell if I don't see any movement in the next month.  The plan was for the house to help finance partial living expenses during schhol as well as moving expenses, so I didn't want to start out too low.  Even if I price to sell, I'll still make $, just not as much as I would have liked (I know, join the club!).

RoughRider

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »

I have two kids (5 and 7).  I may have to price to sell if I don't see any movement in the next month.  The plan was for the house to help finance partial living expenses during schhol as well as moving expenses, so I didn't want to start out too low.  Even if I price to sell, I'll still make $, just not as much as I would have liked (I know, join the club!).

We decided to price low so it goes fast.  In this market, you never know... We'll see.

Good luck!!  I think I read earlier that you'll be living in Arlington?  That's where I hope to find a place as well.