Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mostly A's...How much will a C hurt?  (Read 1159 times)

bamboo1983

• View Profile
Mostly A's...How much will a C hurt?
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:52:48 AM »
I took an impossible federal tax 2 exam today. I couldn't have done better than B-...I have about 70% A grades, and nothing below a B...how much will this C hurt????

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly A's...How much will a C hurt?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »
You'll take a hit, but maybe not as huge of a one as you're fearing since you have at least 4 semesters worth of grades to pad it.

But if you're thinking you did so poorly, and the exam was very difficult, it seems premature to assume you're going to be near the bottom of the curve (unless the prof doesn't curve or adjust the grades).

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
I took an impossible federal tax 2 exam today. I couldn't have done better than B-...I have about 70% A grades, and nothing below a B...how much will this C hurt????

You have been in college this long and can't even calculate your own GPA, that is just sad.

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »
I had the same problem the fall of my second year.  I took a 2 credit class and didn't take it seriously enough and got a C+.  It will hurt, but not too much.  I think my overall gpa slipped my 0.03.  It really didn't affect my rank, which was nice.  It will hurt, but it shouldn't kill you.  Also, my law school experience tells me that the exams that I think I did the worst on, I usually got an A.  So don't fret, enjoy the summer.

Nimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 08:07:44 PM »
This is why I'm never taking anything like Federal Courts or Tax in law school.

scoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 08:32:09 PM »
I agree with those who say, wait and see, you may get a better grade than you think. This has happened to me enough in 4 semesters that I shouldn't be surprised by it anymore, but I was when it happened again this past semester.

I've got two grades back so far out of five, and I got an A on an essay exam I thought I bombed bad enough for a C, and got a B+ on a multiple choice exam that I thought I nailed, I was 100% confident in all but one answer, and 95% confident in that one.

So, one more time: the exam that was tough for you, was tough for everybody. The exam that was easy for you, was easy for everybody. The curve, accordingly, will reflect this.

Good luck on that exam, btw.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »
I took an impossible federal tax 2 exam today. I couldn't have done better than B-...I have about 70% A grades, and nothing below a B...how much will this C hurt?

If it was impossible for you, it was probably impossible for everyone else. If the class is still on the curve then you should be fine.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?