Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If you've visited Fordham...  (Read 1088 times)

ace0260

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
If you've visited Fordham...
« on: May 14, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »
Give me some thoughts on the campus...anything you particularly liked/disliked. Ill be visiting eventually thanks

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: If you've visited Fordham...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:04:17 PM »
I visited Fordham a few weeks back. I was strongly considering going there but have decided against it, since I realized NY wasn't the place for me. Fordham's law campus is in Manhattan, which is extremely nice. It's kind of just a big building that's stuck right there in the middle, but it looks decent.

More so than the campus, if you're not from NY, or have never been, I'd think about if you're willing to live in NY past the three years of law school. I wouldn't mind living there for a short period of time but I couldn't see myself living there longterm.

rosalita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:02:32 PM »
There is definitely not much of a 'campus', but the law school is still in a nice little pocket between the UWS and Hells Kitchen area. Its very close to Central Park and the Time Warner Center and is practically in Lincoln Center.
The classrooms i saw were nice and new for the most part, and the library looked pretty recently redone as well but it was PACKED when I went (last Ocotber sometime).

Harsh Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 10:33:27 PM »
Fordham's building is standard material.  One building, about 4 floors, decent condition.  Library full of students studying 24/7 gunning to be at the top of the class.  Those who go to Fordham mostly have one goal in mind: NYC BigLaw.

Unless you are absolutely positively sure you want to leave in NYC long-term, choose NYU or Columbia just in case you want to work back home.  Very few people from out-of-town can handle NYC long-term because it just doesn't make sense to pay $1 million for a 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom condo.