Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Like getting dumped via text, then having them change their phone #  (Read 4000 times)

ja23

• View Profile
So I got a rejection letter from Loyola (Chicago) and it said point blank; don't appeal, you can reapply a second time, but not a third.  So that was crushing, then I find out that some rejected applicants simply called or wrote to the Dean of the law school and he admitted them, much to the chagrin of the admissions board.

So the question now is; should I be a total prick and write to the Dean?  I just don't want to risk getting black-listed. Then again it is Law School and being a prick can help.....

What do you think?  ???

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
So I got a rejection letter from Loyola (Chicago) and it said point blank; don't appeal, you can reapply a second time, but not a third.  So that was crushing, then I find out that some rejected applicants simply called or wrote to the Dean of the law school and he admitted them, much to the chagrin of the admissions board.

So the question now is; should I be a total prick and write to the Dean?  I just don't want to risk getting black-listed. Then again it is Law School and being a prick can help.....

What do you think?  ???

Do you plan on reapplying next year?  If this is your final shot at it, and you're going to law school next semester come what may, then I don't see any risks in calling the Dean.  Who gives a @#!*?  If he says no and yells at you, he's a prick, and the school was kind of douchey to you anyway.  If he says yes and lets you in, you win!  If he says no but is nice about it, then it doesn't really look like you're "blacklisted" anyway, and besides, you've got other options, right?

If you are reapplying next year, though, I'd suggest not calling.  Just make sure your applications are as slick as possible next cycle.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

ja23

• View Profile
Depending on the results from my remaining schools, I'd planned on either reapplying or transferring.  Before hearing about the Dean's over-riding; I wanted to write to the admissions board to ask what I could do to improve my application (besides a huge change in my LSAT)...but again I don't want to be black listed?  Is it ever smart to ask for feedback?

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I don't really see the point in asking the admission board for feedback.  You mentioned yourself that your LSAT score needs improvement, and that's the most likely reason for your rejection.  As for talking to the Dean, I don't really know if it's worth a shot unless you have more details about the applicants he admitted and whether you fit that profile (if there is one).  Did all their applications have something in common?  What were their scores?  Do you know any of them personally, or did you just hear this somewhere?

ja23

• View Profile
I know someone that works in one of the offices there, and members of the admission board were complaining out the Dean's aceptance move...

I think I agree, if all else fails I'll be retaking the LSAT (what fun  :-[)

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Like getting dumped via text, then having them change their phone #
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 10:55:10 AM »
A personal visit with the Dean is more likely to affect his decision, and might also avoid any paper trail of your efforts. This should be done before decisions though, if possible.