Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Case Western vs. Schools like Cardozo  (Read 742 times)

mikeizrai

• View Profile
    • Email
Case Western vs. Schools like Cardozo
« on: May 14, 2008, 02:54:23 AM »
I have been accepted into Case Western with a 13,000 dollar scholarship and a promise of a research assistant position with Michael Scharf, the director of the International Law Program. He told me over the phone that he has only 5-10 research assistants from the entire school, and that I could be writing chapters and even co-authoring articles with him by my 3rd year. On the other hand, I have been accepted into schools that have a better location, and better prospects at making money- with increased debt of course. What should I do? I am hesitant...

You've Got Mail

• View Profile
Re: Case Western vs. Schools like Cardozo
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 02:25:15 PM »
The difference in starting salary would likely be made up in the differences in cost of living.  Choose based on where you want to live and work, as outside of the T30, your decision is mostly regional...where you want to live/work/etc.

Do you want to live in NYC?  Go to Cardozo.  Would you like a house, pool, and a white picket fence?  Ohio is more likely to offer you and your future family those things.  Would you prefer spending $500,000 on a large house in Ohio, or a 1 bedroom apartment in NYC?