Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do I get into BC?  (Read 447 times)

bclawhopeful

• View Profile
How do I get into BC?
« on: May 13, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »
I'm pretty new to the whole law school thing.  I just started researching and I think I'd like to go to BC.  Regarding their 25/75 GPA, mine falls in that range but it's at Louisiana State University, a high tier two university.  How much is that going to hurt me when I go to apply since there will be applicants from much more prestigious schools? 

Also, what are considered good EC's/soft factors?  I have a lot of volunteer work. I have held leadership positions but only at aquatic centers and country clubs.  I'm also in a fraternity.  What else should I do?

tebucky

• View Profile
Re: How do I get into BC?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:33:10 AM »
Hi there,

Undergrad school doesn't really matter.  I'm from a Tier III public school with decent but not exceptional grades and that worked fine.  As with any other school LSAT is key, but BC does look at soft factors alot.  Do whatever ECs you want to do, and enjoy them - don't do something just to get into Law School because you think it'll look good.  As long as you can talk to why you did something, how it affected you and what you learned from it, no one is going to care.  Always remember, there are going to be 6000+ kids applying there at the same time as you and the adcom is going to spend maybe 5 minutes on your app if you're lucky - the more different (ie diverse) your experiences the better shape you'll be in. 

The biggest thing with BC is letting them know that you want to attend them specifically.  Write a "why BC" essay even though the app doesn't ask for it.  They're very big on their "Disneyland" rep...