Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ugh  (Read 1273 times)

bigbop81

• View Profile
    • Email
Ugh
« on: May 13, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »
I just took a final and feel like I totally botched it.  Now I have finals on Wednesday and Friday that I feel completely unprepared for.  I could actually do worse on those.

Does anyone just feel like dropping out after you fail a final?  I just feel so down for having done such a poor job...I'm questioning whether I have the work ethic to continue on with law school.  Is it crazy to drop out after completing one year?

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ugh
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:47:55 PM »
Yeah, you should probably drop out right now.  Even though you can't gauge how well you did by how you feel after taking a final, you should probably just go with your gut, say fvck it, and throw in the towel. Stop whining you feminine hygiene product and get back to studying.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:14:04 PM »
I just took a final and feel like I totally botched it.  Now I have finals on Wednesday and Friday that I feel completely unprepared for.  I could actually do worse on those.

Does anyone just feel like dropping out after you fail a final?  I just feel so down for having done such a poor job...I'm questioning whether I have the work ethic to continue on with law school.  Is it crazy to drop out after completing one year?

Did you learn nothing after first semester of 1L?  How you feel you did on a final is completely irrelevant to what your grade will be.  Get over yourself, stop being so melodramatic, and get your ass in gear for the next final.

bigbop81

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 10:15:44 PM »
LOL.  Great posts.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 05:13:00 AM »

I'll be nice.

I feel the same way about one of mine.  I didn't even finish half the essay, and I was completely prepared.

Two things to remember, though:

1.  Everyone else could've sucked, too.
2.  You may not have sucked as much as you think you did.

It's like Jacy said: you don't know until you get your grade.  It's all a f-ing joke, anyway.  So take a few hours, do something completely unrelated to law school, chill the @#!* out, and then get your ass back in gear and make sure you don't @#!* up the next one.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Intuition

• Sr. Citizen
  • We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 12:29:06 PM »
Come talk to me after you've actually failed a final.

And no, it never made me want to drop out, since I have the perspective to know how worthless LS grades are anyway.