Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wow. Just Wow. What the Hell should I do?  (Read 5647 times)

cfarley123

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wow. Just Wow. What the Hell should I do?
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2008, 03:11:03 PM »
Its done.  I'm headed to Fordham!  Jeezus, thank you, Brooklyn Law School, for forcing me to make the hardest decision I've ever made. 

Wish me luck!

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 08:02:49 AM »
Good luck....I go to Fordham and have had a great experience with the school, overall. I didn't have the awesome offers you did, though. BTW, I pay 1300 (albeit rent-stabilized) for a nice 1 bedroom on a great quiet street near Columbia (morningside heights/upper upper west side). Average 20 minutes door to door.

MrDiggler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008, 08:24:27 AM »
I guess you've already made your decision, but I just wanted to add that when you write a school a LOCI that says you will attend if admitted, it is pretty damn close to being binding. I've heard stories about people doing that, then not going to the school they wrote to and their other schools rescinding their offers on account of the ethical transgression. But then again, these are just stories I've heard and I don't know if they are completely accurate.

That said, I'm attending Fordham next fall too. See you there.
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
You're ~hot, therefore you're ~fly

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2008, 10:41:17 AM »
I guess you've already made your decision, but I just wanted to add that when you write a school a LOCI that says you will attend if admitted, it is pretty damn close to being binding. I've heard stories about people doing that, then not going to the school they wrote to and their other schools rescinding their offers on account of the ethical transgression. But then again, these are just stories I've heard and I don't know if they are completely accurate.

That said, I'm attending Fordham next fall too. See you there.

If you said this to a couple of schools and then withdrew from the other ones as soon as you got accepted off of one wouldn't that be fine?  Or what if you said you'd accept but not attend?  I think there are a lot of caveats people have been using to get around this.  I think they understand people change their minds because things change over the course of this extremely long admission cycle and if you got WL in March you may be in a completely different place come July, but I still wouldn't say "I will attend" flat out to several of them in LOCI.

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »
I would guess something is only binding if you sign it.

abacab44

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »
Unless NYU or Columbia decide to let me in off their waitlists, I'll see you at Fordham in the fall :)