Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Washington Post Article on Legal Outsourcing to India  (Read 929 times)

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Washington Post Article on Legal Outsourcing to India
« on: May 13, 2008, 08:36:10 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/10/AR2008051002355.html

Fairly interesting.  The future of doc review and midlevel associate work?  Could the law be left to litigators?

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Washington Post Article on Legal Outsourcing to India
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/10/AR2008051002355.html

Fairly interesting.  The future of doc review and midlevel associate work?  Could the law be left to litigators?

The law is changing in a number of systemic ways right now.  I'm not sure whether this will be a problem in ten years.  It might be for newer associates in the short-term, though... 

::panics::
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 07:39:33 PM »
Lousy globalization...

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »
::moves to India::
:::gets big law job::
::makes $1.36 an hour::
::is prestigious::
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:48:18 AM »
::moves to India::
:::gets big law job::
::makes $1.36 an hour::
::is prestigious::

You could save a couple Gs, move there, and own half of Mumbai

Alecto

• Sr. Citizen
  • Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 01:19:21 PM »
ok, I'm all for building up foreign economies and improving the quality of life for people in nations with a lot of poverty, but this is ridiculous!  there are plenty of qualified people in the US that could do a similar job.  my mom is struggling with a solo-practice after taking several years off to care for her father and sister, and she would love a job doing research and writing (from home, which eliminates the need for office-space or overhead).  I'm just waiting for the day when people in India realize that they could really hike up the prices.  it's already happening in the CG and computer-coding sectors.