Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Early Can I Start Sending Out Resumes for 2L Summer?  (Read 5114 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: How Early Can I Start Sending Out Resumes for 2L Summer?
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 09:10:40 AM »
Too ballsy, and probably a waste of time.  By the end of a day that starts early and ends late, full of back to back 20 minute interviews with only a couple of breaks, most of these attorneys/interviewers are exhausted and just ready to get some dinner and go back to their hotel rooms.

I think it's much better to say you'll be in THEIR town, and are interested and available to meet.

jsb221

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 07:49:07 AM »
If you are concerned about a firm passing you by because you don't know if you made law review yet or not, put on your resume that you competed in the write-on competition. By the time you get an interview, you hopefully will have the results to discuss. The downside, if you don;t make it, you have to explain why.

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 08:16:54 AM »
The problem with sending and then updating a resume is that you may not meet their qualifications without a journal and could get a rejection before you have time to update...  If someone's reviewed your resume without a journal, you may get shuffled into a bad pile before you even really have a chance. 

Well, I'm feeling lucky not to have this problem now, because I got official notice from my first choice journal yesterday.
Michigan Law Class of 2010

TH14

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 10:22:04 AM »
tag

AssaultAndBattery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 02:03:41 AM »
While some firms say either traditional mail or email is acceptable for applications, What do you guys think is better overall?

I still feel that traditional mail is more professional than an email.  ???

However, the nice thing about email is its instant and you dont have to worry about your application being lost in the mail.