Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Realistic shot at WUSTL with top 20/21% from a tier 2?  (Read 1937 times)

lrb2010

• View Profile
Re: Realistic shot at WUSTL with top 20/21% from a tier 2?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 05:33:48 PM »
This really isn't an exact science. As I've stated before, I have similar stats to you and was accepted EA. However, I applied two months ago when the EA program first opened, so I agree with the above poster -- you're probably going to have to wait until this summer to hear anything. From my experience, I would refrain from badgering the admissions staff, because they are very reluctant to provide any sort of answers. Best of luck to you.

Nimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »
well I applied tonite.  ;D  I came to UM with no intention to transfer if I couldn't get into a top 20 at least. I am expected to get rejected and I don't really care. I'll be happy as hell if they take me, but I am not expected it and I'm not gonna shed any sleep thinking about it.  So I guess I'll wait and see, but I am gonna be damn suprised if they take me.  :)

I'm surprised you want to leave Miami.  I turned it down for a lower ranked T2 to be closer to family and I regretted it all winter with the record breaking snowfall.  Miami has some great firms, and is a great place to live, and with good grades presumably you'll be able to land a great job.  As far as I can tell from last year's 1L class, my first semester grades are JUST outside top 10% (as in, if Crim law was 4 credits instead of 3, I'm in), but I'm not even considering transferring at this point.  What's the hurry, and especially to leave such a great city?

Anecdotally, I remember reading somewhere that WUSTL takes a hard look at anyone in the top third, so don't beat yourself up, you have a good shot.

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »
Both GW and WUSTL have been getting unpredictable with their transfer admissions. I was rejected from both despite being in the top 10% at a T2. WUSTL also hardly admitted anyone EA last year and basically seemed like they were scrapping the EA transfer program for the most part.

I ended up going to a school ranked higher than both, so I wasn't that disappointed, but still. My advice is to apply to every school around the 15-25 or so range that will take your application and see what happens. Do not get fixated on one school b/c it might not work out.

Good Luck.