Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW vs. BC  (Read 515 times)

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
GW vs. BC
« on: May 12, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »
As I'm making plans to move to DC to attend GW, I'm still on the BC waitlist.  But I'm wondering about career prospects between the two schools since @ GW top 1/3rd seems to be clutch, but at BC, there's no rankings unless you want to publish them to schools yourself or something?  Seems like BC students below the top 1/3rd as much less screwed than GW students below the top 1/3rd.  Thoughts?

nubova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW vs. BC
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »
I almost attended GW, but ulitmately choose BC. I was curious about placement as well when I was applying. My experience has shown me that both schools place pretty equally. I wouldn't stress too much about placement. You want to be in the top half at either school.

Congrats on GW. Hopefully BC will come around.

doorsend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »
As I'm making plans to move to DC to attend GW, I'm still on the BC waitlist.  But I'm wondering about career prospects between the two schools since @ GW top 1/3rd seems to be clutch, but at BC, there's no rankings unless you want to publish them to schools yourself or something?  Seems like BC students below the top 1/3rd as much less screwed than GW students below the top 1/3rd.  Thoughts?

Your writing is broken up, so I could not understand what you completely, but are you trying to say that BC does not have class rankings? is this true?

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 03:08:25 PM »

Your writing is broken up, so I could not understand what you completely, but are you trying to say that BC does not have class rankings? is this true?

Right that's what someone in another thread said who goes to BC.  But that IF YOU WANT you can provide firms with a list of the makeup of what the GPA of the top 5%, top 10% etc.