Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia waitlist ??  (Read 5913 times)

Janie

• View Profile
Columbia waitlist ??
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:17 AM »
Anybody hear anything about columbia waitlist?  Does anyone know when they will start pulling people off the list?

Leaniva

• View Profile
Re: Columbia waitlist ??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:06:49 AM »
I spoke with someone on the admissions committee and he stated that they would begin looking over WL candidates later this month and that the first round of decisions will be sent out early June.  After the first round WL candidates will be accepted, rejected, or asked if they want to remain on the presumably shorter WL.  I hear that this business of getting waitlisted onto another WL takes place all summer long.  Officially they have a first, second and third 'Reserve Group'.  The first is the one we are currently on and if you're asked after this round if you want to remain on the WL you say yes, you will then become a part of the second Reserve Group.

Hope this helps.  Any idea how large the WL is??   

Jerry Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »
I'm on reserve at Col also. I might have to withdraw soon though because of binding scholarship offers... So here's to yall : )

Janie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:29:30 PM »
I would guess that the WL "Reserve group" has somewhere between 600-1000 people on it... i just hope a lot of them withdraw!!

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »
I spoke with someone on the admissions committee and he stated that they would begin looking over WL candidates later this month and that the first round of decisions will be sent out early June.  After the first round WL candidates will be accepted, rejected, or asked if they want to remain on the presumably shorter WL.  I hear that this business of getting waitlisted onto another WL takes place all summer long.  Officially they have a first, second and third 'Reserve Group'.  The first is the one we are currently on and if you're asked after this round if you want to remain on the WL you say yes, you will then become a part of the second Reserve Group.

Hope this helps.  Any idea how large the WL is??   

wow
i just wish they give me a real decision this time...waiting till August doesn't sound fun...
not decided...

bdiz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 11:48:31 AM »
I just received an e-mail from the Columbia admissions committee stating that most of us will hear back from them next week.

FWIW
 ;D
bjtnj

Leaniva

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 01:15:18 PM »
Oo, the tension mounts.  Any word on how the decisions will be sent?  I got the impression that snail mail would be used. 

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 01:55:58 PM »
I just received an e-mail from the Columbia admissions committee stating that most of us will hear back from them next week.

FWIW
 ;D
bjtnj

thank you but i didn't get that. did you ask them or they just sent it to you?
will that be snail mail?? i hope it's email...
not decided...

libdem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Woooooo, go gold!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tricordertrekkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 12:38:46 AM »
I didn't get it either. What does that mean? Any random, wild speculation? I desperately want to go to Columbia, although I recognize that getting in would rank somewhere in the miracle category.
Georgetown c/o 2011

SowingSeason

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »
nada here.. but i sure did send a second LOCI via email..  :-\ ughh i can't stand the wait and anxiety