Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Send in new transcript?  (Read 1366 times)

XYF

• View Profile
Send in new transcript?
« on: May 10, 2008, 05:08:18 PM »
I sent in an updated transcript to reflect my final semester grades, but that was before my degree was posted on my transcript. Now that my transcript has an extra line indicating that I have received my degree, do I need to send another transcript?

Do law schools ask for another copy once I enroll?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Send in new transcript?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »
I wouldn't waste my time sending anything else. Honestly, I'm not even sure if LSAC uses your transcripts for anything besides calculating your GPA.

Your law school will want at least one (and usually 2) of your final transcripts showing that your degree has been conferred, and they tend to want it sent straight to them from your UG institution. They probably should have already told you about that. You might want to give them a call tomorrow and see exactly what their policy is.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

XYF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »
I havent applied yet. I'm applying in the fall. I know LSAC forwards copies of transcripts to the schools along with its data summary report.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »
Ah, well, if you haven't applied yet, you might as well send in the newest tranny available. I don't know if it will make a difference, but it can't hurt anything.

And see, here I thought you were already in a law school somewhere and starting this fall.

XYF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 12:26:14 AM »
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but it costs $$$. I could use the $20 my school charges me to buy food instead.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 01:23:45 AM »
Damn, $20. I hope your tuition wasn't high. Both of the schools I attended give you free transcripts.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 11:02:11 PM »
Pretty much the same as the above. I don't think you need to, but I guess it couldn't hurt anything. And you can feel like you're getting your money's worth out of your LSDAS fee.