Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BAD EXPERIENCE WITH TEMPLE  (Read 9974 times)

I can has lauskul!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BAD EXPERIENCE WITH TEMPLE
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 11:15:09 AM »
I. I CAN HAZ SUMMERY JUDGEMNTS?

:D :D

Best...header...ever

2nd-ed.  Just cos.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 01:34:13 PM »
Lies! I totally use cos in briefs and motions all the time, example:

Judge my clients is teh innocents! No issues of trialable fact cos he did not do it. Rule for me and we can b BFF. Kthxbi

LOLCat English is the preferred style here in our courts. 

Just wait, some federal judge will actually write an opinion in LOLCATS english.

My civpro casebook has an opinion with a wayne's world theme.
It ends with, "The litigants should like, totally party on in state court"
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Naitingale

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 10:48:22 PM »
Everyone,
Thank you so much for your comments and the pieces of advice. I was so upset that I needed an opportunity to vent. I feel better now and as someone said, it is just better to put this behind me especialy since I am commited to the school, and yes, I did decline the other schools before I got the award letter. However, I do feel like they could have handled it in a better fashion rather than sending me an impersonal email, especially since they had said they would call me back.
Also I want to say thank you to the person who taught me how to spell "because".
  The problem with your case is that you didn't really rely on the scholarship offer.

Yup.

Also, learn how to spell "because."  It will come in useful during law school  ;)

WOW! That really helped me out a lot since I had no idea what the word even meant.

Steve Jones

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 05:22:05 PM »
Everyone,
Thank you so much for your comments and the pieces of advice. I was so upset that I needed an opportunity to vent. I feel better now and as someone said, it is just better to put this behind me especialy since I am commited to the school, and yes, I did decline the other schools before I got the award letter. However, I do feel like they could have handled it in a better fashion rather than sending me an impersonal email, especially since they had said they would call me back.
Also I want to say thank you to the person who taught me how to spell "because".
  The problem with your case is that you didn't really rely on the scholarship offer.

Yup.

Also, learn how to spell "because."  It will come in useful during law school  ;)

WOW! That really helped me out a lot since I had no idea what the word even meant.

Evidently
We have many people from your state that attend our school!

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 03:50:22 PM »
Chill out homeslice, I was kidding...

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »
Just wait, some federal judge will actually write an opinion in LOLCATS english.

Give Kozinski about 6 months

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 09:28:57 AM »
If you really turned down other scholarship offers and have proof of that you could argue the offer was binding on the school because you relied to your detrement.  They  might teach you this in  Contracts in a few weeks. On the other hand there is something to be said about picking your battles.

Imactuallya2Lnow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 10:10:39 AM »
I have this vague memory of Wash U doing something similar last year.  Something to the effect of emailing every single person that had applied some information on their "scholarship" but then having to retract it.  That's probably not the 100% correct story, but it was something similar.

It sucks that they can't...I don't know...double-check these things before confusing and upsetting already frazzled law applicants.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 11:09:45 AM »

Yup.

Judge my clients is teh innocents! No issues of trialable fact cos he did not do it. Rule for me and we can b BFF. Kthxbi

this made me laugh, therefore it must be bumped
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 12:38:38 PM »

Yup.

LOL!   :D  This post is hilarious!!!!
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?